Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Single Switch Operating Mode

StewbyDoo

Question

Looking for some advice out there as I am finding it impossible to access the operating menu on a Walli wall switch. I am trying to get the device into Single Switch Mode.

I have tried lots of triple clicks, single clicks and holding down for different times.

I have upgraded to firmware 5.2, then excluded the device and started again but still cannot access the operating menu.

I have 5 of these and can't access it on either so it isn't a faulty unit 

Any advice onto how to get this working - this is majorly frustrating and I must be doing something extremely stupid or missing the point somewhere but its been driving me crazy for 2 days now ...

3 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • I actually solved this myself .... reading instructions too literally - but this may be useful to someone else.

The instructions say 'Quickly, three times click, then press and hold one of the buttons to enter the menu .....'

This suggests that you take a pause between the third and fourth click - this is not the case.

This should read - Quickly click FOUR times and hold the button down. After a few seconds the LEDs will flash GREEN if the device is added to a Z-Wave network and RED if it isn't.

Keep the button pressed whilst the LEDs are flashing and they will go off after a few seconds and a few more seconds after that you will then be in the Operating Menu.

Edited by StewbyDoo
    • Like 1

StewbyDoo, you're a genius.

I couldn't get the reset done of the Walli double switch.

It took me two hours of frustration before I discovered your answer!

Indeed, click FOUR times and hold the button down.

Still not described as such in the official manual ]:->

Take care.

Guest dacianova

Hi,

I feel like I'm losing my mind. Why does it have to be so complicated?
    I introduced the device in Single Switch Mode because that's what I need. I learned how to do this thanks to @StewbyDoo.
    I changed a lot of bulbs of all sizes, powers, leds, economical, halogen, etc., but the switch refused to light them.
    It's very frustrating. VERY!!!!
    Am I not doing something right? Can anyone help me, please?

Thank you

LE - I find the problem.

Edited by dacianova