Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

ALL LIGHTS OFF

Flix123

Question

Hi , 

I want to switch all my lights off from a physical button (momentary) connected to Dimmer 2 to the S2 port. Could someone explain the best method please?

The first issue I seem to be having is how to activate a scene triggered by the S2. Seems to not work. Then 2nd thing is : Is a scene even the best method for this task? Or are there other ways?

Regards

Felix

9 answers to this question

Hi,

I indeed use a scene, see below.

Please login or register to see this code.

On the scene activation with S2, have you changed parameter 28 to activate scene functionality on your dimmer2?

Rene.

• Inquirer
  • Thanks Rene, just tried this code, but nothing happened. Is it as simple as creating a new scene, pasting the code , change ID, save, run? I also changed the parameter 28 but for now its not even working when i run the scene from the computer..

Don’t test it from your computer but with the physical button.. The scene must be on automatic and not manual.

Sure that you changed parameter 28 to sceneactivation activated en saved it?

Did you change ID 102 (ex. in code) on both places to the ID of your dimmer?

I think this is your problem.

Do you use the correct scene ID value in the scene to activate it. At the near bottom of the code you see 15 but that value doesn’t exist with a momentary switch. The number is different for S1 single or double click and for S2 single(26), double(24) or triple(25) click. See the manual section Advanced parameters > 28 scene activation

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by kevin

• Inquirer
  • Thanks Kevin. Not yet working but I'm sure I'll get there. Your tip about the scene ID was probably critical, I set it to 26 now as per manual.  So I was wondering if the Device ID should be the one of the Dimmer as you say, or should it be the ID of the "remote control" device which is basically the S2 of the dimmer I imagine? In this case my dimmer control is 244 and the remote is 246.

If you 'just' want to manually run your scene to switch off all the lights you can use the below (just paste in new scene and save/run):

• Inquirer
  • Is there any way I can check that when S2 on Dimmer 2 is pressed its actually received by the controller (HC2). Maybe this part is not working

Maybe someone feels like having a look together with me on teamviewer? Can't really crack this one on my own i think, but I need it to work. 

Edited by Flix123

Hi @Flix123 ,

There are few things to check and setup properly:

• Firstly check if you use momentary or toggle switch and that parameter 20 is properly set
    • Secondly, check that parameter 28 is set to 1 scene activation functionality is turned on
    • At last use scene depending on type of the switch used. Consult Fibaro manuals for that: 

Please login or register to see this link.

see explanation for parameter 28.

Here is template of the scene for scene activation if momentary (push) switch is used:

If you use toggle switch (the one that stays either on or off) then you will have to replace Buttonpressed numbers.

BTW - I replaced all my toggle switches for momentary (push) because of easy pressing with one finger, than using two fingers to to toggle switch and on all dimmers added another one S2.

• Inquirer
  • Hi 

Thanks a lot for the reply. I should have posted that I got it working already, and  was something really simple and annoying: Simply just re-configuring the dimmer2  fixed it (and putting all settings back again).  All settings were correct. Its a bit frustrating that this should happen, I must have gone through the settings dozens of times, reading and re-reading the manual , searching the internet, bla bla, in the end tested the same scenario on a different dimmer where it magically worked straight away. Anyway thanks for taking the time to reply

Regards

Felix