Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

EOS Sauna Control with Smart Implant - Working & Question

dcspock

Question

Hi all,

For a while now I was thinking about remote controlling our Sauna. Primarily, I wanted to set a time via VD for the Sauna to start that day (so nothing like "in two weeks at xxx ours") or manually start the Sauna right now.

We have a simple EOS Sauna which offered a very interesting extension - the "Fernstart-Saunabus". In principle, this is a simple button with a 10m cable (e.g. for hotels) to start the Sauna remotely by pressing the button for 3 seconds. 

Please login or register to see this link.

The button is also an LED which shows the status of the Sauna (Standy: LED is off, Sauna on: LED is red).

Now, with the Smart Implant it was quite easy to trigger the switch and start the Sauna (and programming a VD easy as such). The manual gives the following information:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2019_12/1539362371_Screenshot2019-12-25at19_31_57.png.3895393e64fb065e29ccc173131889a4.png" />547262082_Screenshot2019-12-25at19_32_04.png.76a1961943f7a40db1073dfc10d0a56c.png

So the following setup with the Smart implant is working:

Smart Implant is powered by a 12V power adapter (right bottom, going into the lefthand side of the Smart implant, blue (bottom GND) and red cables (P) see below)

OUT 1 of the Smart implant is then connected to (GND) and (K) on the EOS Sauna switch (see above - unfortunately in German, left part of the picture).

Please login or register to see this attachment.

1562968460_Screenshot2019-12-25at19_42_06.png.9c20d4168e4f6094307c4b9d962eeccb.png

So far so good - everything works fine!

Now my next idea (and question) was to receive also the status of the Sauna (so if in Standby or running). Which as I understood the manual of EOS should be possible by reading the "Statusausgang" part of the drawing (the right hand side).

I was trying to connect no again the GND (blue, top one) and IN1 (yellow) with the EOS mainboard, this time (GND) and (S) - but nothing happens when I turn on the Sauna or turn it off..

Question now I hope you guys can help me with - is the wiring correct at first? And secondly, would I have to change some parameters at the Smart Implant to cater for the "20-30V, 15-20mA" that is written in the manual of the EOS maybe?

This is how the Smart Implant looks like in my HC2. I would expect 2090.3 and 2090.4 to be the two IN1 and IN2... correct? But no change in that value, it has been set like that since the beginning (where nothing was wired to the implant...)

863404303_Screenshot2019-12-25at19_48_24.png.41f1eb88370b79bfcf6debcdd088340a.png

Any ideas?

Many thanks and enjoy the holidays!

4 answers to this question

Just to make clear that I understand your configuration:

OUT1 connected to Sauna and you turn it ON/OFF as a standard switch

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Correct?

• Inquirer
  • Correct, OUT1 is connected as standard switch to K and GND (the upside-down "T"). Working fine. 

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2019_12/514676067_Screenshot2019-12-26at11_13_37.png.9bdc0295dfea81051a3ffc7003da3652.png" />

OK, now you want to use LED indicator to identify Sauna status...

First of all you need to set IN2 as "analog" input  (Parameter 21 set to 5) and connect (S) to (IN2-green).

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

But instead of all that, I think the best solution is to use wall plug switch to turn ON/OFF the Sauna. If Sauna's power is over 2300W you can use Aeotec Heavy Duty Switch.

Now you can control the Sauna and by power reading you could know if Sauna is OFF/ON/Standby.

Hi 

I am also doing a sauna project, is it posible to get a copy of your nice sauna icon ?