Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Safe Power Down of HC2

Lenny212

Question

Hi,

After several power outages over the past few years resulting in corrupted files and recently an 11pm screen share with Fibaro support on xmas eve I have bought a UPS device.

The issue is how to turn of the HC2 without just unplugging it from power and causing more file corruptions and more days and weeks without HC2.

We are currently surrounded by fires and after 6 weeks they are getting closer with hot, dry days forecast.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2019_12/image.png.c216e8632d98032c864b881b3f1ceecb.png" />

On Configuration | General page there is a Restart option but no Shut Down option.

image.png.60c6615755d2d3b8319772e4b0f98f35.png

Any ideas how to safely shut down the HC2 so I can install the UPS?

Does the power button at the back of the device shut down safely or is it a hard switch off?

Edited by Lenny212
typo

4 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • I have a solution:

I created a hidden scene with the command: HomeCenter.SystemService.shutdown()

and

I created a hidden scene with the command: HomeCenter.SystemService.reboot()

I then created a scene with a PopUpService to select Shutdown, Reboot, Cancel.

HC2 was safely shutdown, UPS placed in line and HC2 restarted without a hitch.

Now I can go on holidays. Woohoo!

1) you may connect UPS  via USB for example to rPI and rPI can automatically call your scene if power outage > 10min

2) you may check own HC2 status and check is LAN / WAN up if no - probably your router outage and than call shutdown scene 

Hi in my experience if I do a graceful shutdown of HC2 via scene then power is cut, when power is restored the UPS turns on but HC2 doesn’t, requiring manual press of the back button.. so I had to disable the shutdown scene from my Raspberry as described here 

Was this changed in a later HC2 release? What’s your experience?

thanks

R