Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fakro Remote + HC2 + Roller Shutter 3

HoochieMamma

Question

Hello

Can someone help me add a Fakro ZWP10 remote to a HC 2? I can't seem to add it like I did with my mini Aeotec remotes.

I just want to add it and assign the up/down/pause buttons to blinds I have in my house.

I try and follow the very badly written manual and I can get it to start adding but it gets stuck at "Adding devices complete" but never goes past it?

Anyone have these remotes and using them to control blinds (non Fakro blinds) ?

Thanks

13 answers to this question

I have same problem and question but I have Fakro ZRH12 remote control. I would like to use this remote to control Roller Shutter 3.

Hello,

I have Roller Shutter 3 and Fakro ZRH12 remote control.

It took me a while but I was sucessfull to set-up this arrangement.

1. I have possibility to control rollers through HC2

2. I have possibility to control rollers through Fakro ZRH12 (12 different channels to which several configuration of rollers could be assigned).

Best Regards,

• Inquirer
  • On 1/21/2020 at 10:12 AM, zbylu said:

Hello,

I have Roller Shutter 3 and Fakro ZRH12 remote control.

It took me a while but I was sucessfull to set-up this arrangement.

1. I have possibility to control rollers through HC2

2. I have possibility to control rollers through Fakro ZRH12 (12 different channels to which several configuration of rollers could be assigned).

Best Regards,

Hello

How did you do this? The instructions with the ZWP10 remote are terrible.

I'm still unable to add the remote to my Home Centre 2.

Thanks

2 godziny temu, HoochieMamma napisał:

Hello

How did you do this? The instructions with the ZWP10 remote are terrible.

I'm still unable to add the remote to my Home Centre 2.

Thanks

You have to add controller to Z-wave network as a secondary not primary. You could do it probably in ZWP10 by "Learn mode".

Then you need to prepare assosiations groups prpperly to the channels (groups). To reflect that in the remote I have run "Listening mode" in ZRH12 to force remote to learn assosiate groups from fibaro. And that's all.

Honestly I don't know if this solution will work with ZWP10 but with my ZRH12 works.

On 1/23/2020 at 11:52 AM, zbylu said:

You have to add controller to Z-wave network as a secondary not primary. You could do it probably in ZWP10 by "Learn mode".

Then you need to prepare assosiations groups prpperly to the channels (groups). To reflect that in the remote I have run "Listening mode" in ZRH12 to force remote to learn assosiate groups from fibaro. And that's all.

Honestly I don't know if this solution will work with ZWP10 but with my ZRH12 works.

Hi!

Does this remote work when a network or Internet error would occur, or does it need to connect to HC2 to controll the z-wave device (i.e. Roller Shutter)?

Thank you!

6 godzin temu, krizso napisał:

Hi!

Does this remote work when a network or Internet error would occur, or does it need to connect to HC2 to controll the z-wave device (i.e. Roller Shutter)?

Thank you!

Hi,

Remote works when z-wave net is working. Remote transfer commands to z-wave central in my case HC2 and then command on shutter is executed. You dont need to have internet to use z-wave net.

Remote has 12 chanels and I have 8 shutters.

So Channel 1 -8 is steering each of shutter.

Channel 10 all shutters on level 0.

Channel 11 all shutters on level 1

Channel 13 all shutters in the home.

11 hours ago, zbylu said:

Hi,

Remote works when z-wave net is working. Remote transfer commands to z-wave central in my case HC2 and then command on shutter is executed. You dont need to have internet to use z-wave net.

Hi!

Yes, I've just asked in a wrong way. I had ment does this remote working in case of HC2 failure. So the communication between the device and the remote is direct fo course using the Z-Wave network, or the communication is always go through the HC2?

Because as I know the Fibaro keyfob communicates directly with the devices, and the keyfob uses the HC2 only for launching scenes.

Thank you!

Hi,

I've not tested it but I think it should work directly with roller shutters, even if HC2 is down. As far as I know the FAKRO remote contoller uses associations, menas it control directly a device, w/o any Gateway assistance.

Best regards,

Grzegorz

12 godzin temu, grzwit napisał:

Hi,

I've not tested it but I think it should work directly with roller shutters, even if HC2 is down. As far as I know the FAKRO remote contoller uses associations, menas it control directly a device, w/o any Gateway assistance.

Best regards,

Grzegorz

Hi,

I've tested that and you're right. Fakro is working with Shutters directly, there is no need to have HC2 running. For me this is nice supprice.

Thanks gor the hint.

Br

On 1/23/2020 at 12:52 PM, zbylu said:

Hi! I have similar problem, maybe you can help me. 

I have Fibaro Home Center 2, Fakro ARZ Z-wave roller shutters (3 of them) and Fakro ZRH12 Z-wave remote control.

I want to be able to controll all 3 roller shutters with Fibaro Home Center 2 (for example open/close Fakro roller shutters using Fibaro mobile app) AND with Fakro ZRH12 remote.

I added all 3 Fakro ARZ roller shutters directly to HC2, so I can control them from Fibaro App.

I added ZRH12 to HC2, now I need to create association groups.

I open Fakro Remote ZRH12 in Home Center 2 -> open "Advanced" settings tab -> go to "Associations" -> add Roller Shutter 1 to the first group; I add Roller Shutters 2 & 3 to the second group (I want them to be in one group).

-> I click "Save"

-> I choose "Li" mode on the ZRH12 remote, counter starts, I get number "1" blinking green and that's all.

I press "->" on the remote to choose the 1st group (Roller Shutter #1) it works.

But when I press "->" for the second time to choose 2nd group (Roller Shutters #2 and #3) there is no 2nd group on the remote. 

What am I doing wrong? Why only one group is visible on the remote?

Edited by Anya

After a few tries I've added succesfully the FAKRO ZRH12 to HC2, it's visible on devices list as a remote controller and works in my Z-Wave network. 

Unfortunately I don't know how to setup assocaitions of ZRH12 from HC2. There is 13 groups, ths 1st is life line, the next 12 probably are related to the 12 "channels" of the remote. I've tried to setup associations to various devices but looks like this information is not transferred from HC2 to the ZRH12.

I managed to setup associations to my roller shutters using "associate" function in ZRH12 directly, can operate the roller shutter but these associations are not visible from the HC2 interface. 

So it works as it is but would be easier to manage associations from HC2 instead of a strange key cominations on ZRH12. Can anybody advise how to push the associations settings from HC2 to ZRH12?

Edited by grzwit

On 3/14/2021 at 10:49 AM, grzwit said:

After a few tries I've added succesfully the FAKRO ZRH12 to HC2, it's visible on devices list as a remote controller and works in my Z-Wave network. 

Unfortunately I don't know how to setup assocaitions of ZRH12 from HC2. There is 13 groups, ths 1st is life line, the next 12 probably are related to the 12 "channels" of the remote. I've tried to setup associations to various devices but looks like this information is not transferred from HC2 to the ZRH12.

I managed to setup associations to my roller shutters using "associate" function in ZRH12 directly, can operate the roller shutter but these associations are not visible from the HC2 interface. 

So it works as it is but would be easier to manage associations from HC2 instead of a strange key cominations on ZRH12. Can anybody advise how to push the associations settings from HC2 to ZRH12?

@grzwitCan you please explain how you added ZRH12 to HC2? When I set HC2 into Learning mode (Add new device) and select "Ln" mode on ZRH12 -> the remote is added to HC2 but it is not configured and the low battery notification constantly blinking on HC2 notifications panel. I tried to reconfigure the device, it says: "waiting for the battery operated device to wake up", I tried pressing buttons on the remote to wake it up but the reconfiguration is not performed. I also tried replacing the batteries, low battery notification continues to blink in HC2. I removed ZRH12 from HC12 a few times and added again, the same thing happens every time. How do you managed to overcome this? Thanks in advance! :)

Hi
    Did you manage to add zrh12 remote to HC3?
    After many attempts to connect - unfortunately, the addition freezes and I do not want to add?

and the ZWMP question was also added to HC 3 without any problems?