Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

SMART IMPLANT + KingGates Elevo

MichalM

Question

I had KingGates Eleve installed to open my garage gates and smart implant connected to the gate driver. 

As per Smart Implant manual connection with getes automation should be:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2019_12/image.png.bf1a90fadc5e3701a2c906302f395cd3.png" />

Elevo driver scheme is: 

image.png.7890c85c03cfbf10fa667b547e33a53e.png

So the connections is:

image.png.d8752b586be97e5e7a7861eee65e2264.png

I have configured the implant as follows:

• IN1 connected to OUT1
  • monostable button with 0.1 impuls (paramet 20=2, parametr 156=1)

Smart implant is connected to Z-Wave and is within Z-Wave netwrok (Visual indicator glowing green during range test). King Gates Elevo DIP switch setting is as follows: DIP1=ON, DIP2=OFF

The problem is that gate does not open/close after sending signal (pushing smart implant button on in fibaro application). Gates open / close properly when I use KingGates Radio remote control.

Can anybody help? Is there something wrong with Fibaro connection or setting or King Gatetes Elevo controler settings are incorrect? 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

5 answers to this question

@MichalM

I think you're output 1 should conected parallel to the start switch of you're gat.

So one connection to 24 V en the otherone to pin 7 of the start button.

So you have, or the start button of the gate, or the potential free output of the smart implant.

Beware that the output of the smart implant has a max switching  current of 150mA

Edited by Flash

• Inquirer
  • @Flash

Thank you for your replay. I'm alsmost sure you're right since Elvo manual says:

"

10.5 - Wired commands

TERMINALS: 6-7-8-10. Inputs for the start, stop wired commands can be customized to open, stop (Paragraph 15.1). They can be locked to prevent tampering with the system (Paragraph 15.2).

START CONTACT

The “START” input (terminals 7-8) is a normally open gate activa- tion command by wire. The activation method is set up by dip switches 1 and 2 - see Paragraph 4.1.

This input is a voltage free (dry contact) only. Connecting power to this input will void warranty

"

So I'd understant the wiring should look:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2019_12/image.png.2e4cc936788e6571ed66eb3f9de725ed.png" />

However the last sentence from quated manuall worries me. Terminal 7 is START and Terminal 8 is  24V. If I connect Terminal 7 with Terminal 8 by Smart Implant Switch then in my undetanding I am " Connecting power to this input". Or am I confusing something?

Edited by MichalM

4 hours ago, MichalM said:

Terminal 7 is START and Terminal 8 is  24V

I think terminal 8 is the internal power supply for the gates electronic.

If you have a multi meter you should be able to measure 24V between terminal 8 and terminal 5.

If you connect  terminal 7 with 8 you get ' The “START” input (terminals 7-8) is a normally open gate activa- tion command by wire. "

When you connect an external power supply to terminal 7 and 8 you could damage the internal circuits.

I think you new wiring scheme is the right way to connect the smart implant.

But again beware the max current between terminal 7 and 8 should NOT exceed 150mA. Is something written in the manual about terminal 7 input current?

If you're not sure you could put a fuse in series to protect you're smart implant.

Edited by Flash
    • Like 1

• Inquirer
  • @Flash

Thank you again for your replay and I would like to confirm that solution proposed by yourself is correct. I've just changed the wireing and tested it with fibaro. It is working as expected. 

I guess this topic can be treated as SOVED.

1 hour ago, MichalM said:

It is working as expected.

Happy to hear problem solved.