Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

2 wire bypass LEDs not going off

Rbbhghs

Question

Hi there,
I have a string of Aurora EFD Pro housings with Philips CorePro LEDspot MV GU10 4W 827 36D | Extra Warm White - Dimmable - bulbs that I’m trying to connect to the fibaro 2 dimmer in a 2 wire setting.

I’ve connected the dimmer successfully (also to my SmartThings hub) but the LEDs don’t switch off fully leaving a low glow. I therefore bought the bypass 2 and attached that across the live and neutral terminals of the dimmer at the switch. On recalibration, the bulbs still don’t switch out fully, although they do seem to flicker more on low levels.
This suggests that I’ve not wired it correctly or (less likely) the bypass is faulty.

Any chance you could offer any advice on how to wire this / what I might be able to check?

many thanks
robbie 
(happy new year!)

2 answers to this question

hi!

my  FGD 211, v2.2 works via 2 wire cinnection + bypass - OK. It can dim my lamp withot any issues.

it connect like this

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2019_12/image.png.8cd063432da76cb1f7d2b72950553f40.png" />

can you make ypur font more smaller ;)

• Inquirer
  • Thank you. I should mention I’m using two momentary switches in a two wire configuration so mine is slightly different, but I’ve given it a go.

this is my starting point 

Please login or register to see this image.

i connected the bypass between the neutral wire coming down from the ceiling and the dimmer (essentially into the blue wire on the right side there in the diagram above)

On powering on, the B light flickers green at a high frequency and it won’t respond to B button pushes or light switches on the S1 link. 
    I also tried a different Dimmer just in case but no joy -

does the above provide any useful hints?

Edited by Rbbhghs