Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Walli Dimmer don't stop blink blue

_oho

Hello,

help !

I had 2 dimmers that was paired with my Home2. Something happened (I don't know what) and then the two dimmer do blink blue every 5 seconds now and whatever I do I can't get them to function.

In the interface I first saw them like disconnected. Then I have tried to remove them (did a force remove). Thinking that paired them again would do the trick. But now I can't see them anymore (make sens as I have removed them - I think). But I can't paire them again. triple click with long click have no effect. Whatever I do, they keep turn blue for few seconds every 5 seconds.

Any idea what could be wrong and how I could get them paired again ?

O.

Hi @_oho ,

When you write that Walli dimmers where disconnected from HC2 I assume you referring that they had grey X icon and yellow warning "Communication problem"? If that is true then that means that they lost communication with HC2. Was there power loss before that? If Walli dimmers are placed far away from HC2 or there are some obstacles between them and HC2 and there is no other mains powered devices in between it can also happen that they loose communication. In that case it is advisable to place some mains powered device between HC2 and Walli dimmers like for example smart wall plug that will then serve as relay between Walli dimmers and HC2.

Anyway, by forcing removal you didn't reset Walli dimmers so they can't be included until are reset first. To reset Walli dimmer you must first start learning mode on HC2 and start deleting device then triple click button on Walli. Other way to reset Walli dimmer you can find in 

Please login or register to see this link.

After successful reset you can again include Walli dimmer to your HC2.

• Topic Author
  • Hello Sankotronic,

thank you for your prompt response.

Yes you right I had the X icon with communication problem.

I could retrieve one of the two impacted dimmer. I add a 5db antenna to my HC2 I had bought but not yet installed before. Even moved the antenna as close as possible. One of the 2 finally get retreive in the network. But for the second one nothing could be done. I have even plugged an external small plug. Just right below the dimmer. It get connected within the range of the box. But the dimmer still blink blue every 5 seconds. I can’t get in learning mode (as I believe I would need to see it in the interface, but I can’t even see it). so Unless I don’t know how to do it I believe I can’t delete the device (that I can’t see anymore). So I can’t the reset it.

I saw there are some option to reset the all zwave connexions but Inmight loose all my config ans names and scenes.

so far I’ll keep trying.

if you have any other ideas don’t hesitate to share again. 
    thank you again for your previous answer.

o.

Hi @_oho ,

Whenever you move some device to a new location you need to do mesh network reconfiguration under Configuration Z-wave network for that device and eventually for near by devices one by one. I don't recommend doing mesh network reconfiguration for entire network because it can take longer time if there are many battery operated devices.

If you can't reset another Walli dimmer with learning mode did you try to reset it using its menu according to user manual?

BTW learning mode on HC2 for deleting device can be used to reset devices even they are not included into the network and it is the best way to do it.

• Topic Author
  • Hello again,

I'm now lost. Both dimmer are back in the same situation (turn blue for 5 seconds then no light for 5 seconds then blue again for 5 sec. Etc.).

I can see only one of them in my HC2. And I cannot delete this one I see (delete device > delete button + within the 30 seconds trying to triple click on the dimmer).

For both of the dimmers, there is no way to reset them from menu action (triple click + click waiting for menu color). Nothing happen, they keep behave as explained above (5 sec. blue, 5 sec. off, 5 sec. blue, etc.).

I have tried to Reconfigures mesh network by requesting device's neighbors to update (Z-wave network configuration > mesh network configuration) to all devices in the same room (a roller shutter and a wall plug). 

I have took off my HC2 bow from it place to bring it as close as possible with the Antenna getting very close. I doupt the problem is anymore a link problem.

I'm loosing faith if getting it fixed.

is there any physical hard reset else than the triple click menu ?

O.

Hmmm,

According to manual if ring is blinking cyan (light blue) then update is in progress. I didn't see any other blue blinking option in manual? Have you checked that it is properly connected? Do you have 3 wire or 2 wire connection? What is type and power of the load connected?

Unfortunately I don't have Walli dimmers to be able to check.

Hello,

if you have disconnected the device in update process(cyan blinking) maybe it's not possible to solve the error without Fibaro(send back to them). This could be the problem that the device can not go in settings menu or factory reset mode.

If I enter the menu mode (klick three times and than hold) my Walli dimmer blinks yellow(green?) and not like in the manual. I think here are some confusions like in the past with different manuals or firmwares.

For Info:

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

• Topic Author
  • It's not blinking light blue but dark blue.

It's a 3 wire installation (with neural).

It's plug to 220 normal electricity alimentation. I'm not sure I understand well the question.

A electrician have installed them. but it was working before. Something happen in between.

See the current state for info:

hum @FunkFib,

I don't think device with disconnected in update process, but I could still have happened without I know it.

Although, I believe update seems to me manual only.

• Topic Author
  • Finally everything came back to nominal run.

Blue blink seems to be when connection is lost. I had to increase time frame for sync from 1500 (or so) to 300 as I now have 23 fibaro devices.

It might have been a sync frequency problem or something like that.

Anyway everything is back to normal now.

Thank you guys for your suggestions and help.

O.

Hello,

fine that your problem is solved. 

I have some Information for you:

Blue means that the dimmer starts Auto-calibration. Can you check your parameter 175? If this parameter is not 0 the device starts Auto-calibration by itself(see Screenshot). If you have problems again you can change the parameter 150+151 reducing the parameter 151 to a lower level ca. 50% so a load error will be not present and no Auto-calibration started. Then you can increase the parameter 151 step by step and find the maximum brightness level without an error.

I have checked the blue LED flash with my device and can confirm that it blinks in your shown blue color(Video) when the device make the Auto-calibration. The Auto-calibration process will set the dimm levels on 6%-63% with two GU10 5W LED dimmable light spots, but I will change them back to my previous settings. 

Range test you can start with Magenta LED signal see Screenshot. 

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

I hope this helps if the error occurs again.

Manuel

Edited by FunkFib