Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Signal Range Problem

danielbanker

Question

Hi everybody,

I have a strange signal range problem. I had to completely reset my Fibaro HC2 and all my devices. HC2 Software is 4.570.

I now managed to exclude all my old devices and now I start to include the devices again. I start actually with my Wall Plugs.

I can include them in the absolute near to the HC2. If I have included my Wall Plug I can manage it. On off via the HC2 desktop works pretty good.

But if I put the Wallplug in another place only 2-3 meters away, it lost the connection. I can switch the lights on/off via the little button at the Wall Plug.

But I can not switch the lights on / off via the HC2 desktop. It always says "transfer failed" at first in red letters, then "Connection problem".

I doesn't matter which of my 6 wall plugs I try. Everyone works in the total near to the HC2, say 10-15 cm. But >1 meter away it doesnt work.

Its obviously a problem with my z-wave network. The Wall Plugs are at the position where they were before I was forced to reset my HC2.

I think the Zwave-network isn't resettet correctly ... but I dont get the problem...

Can anybody help me?

Thanks and best regards from Germany,

Daniel

8 answers to this question

Just to be sure. Have you checked if the antenna on the HomeCenter is firmly screwed into the socket? And are you sure that nothing interferes with the z-wave signal such as a microwave oven, a wifi network router or the like?

• Inquirer
  • 9 minutes ago, Thomasn said:

Just to be sure. Have you checked if the antenna on the HomeCenter is firmly screwed into the socket? And are you sure that nothing interferes with the z-wave signal such as a microwave oven, a wifi network router or the like?

Absolutely. The antenna is checked. I put it out and in again. Thought the same. 

nothing interrupts the signal. The wall plugs are at same station where the were before I had to reset the HC2. It’s just awkward. The HC2 is on the table. If i have the wall plug directly beside the HC2 (with a long cable) it works. But the HC2 is on the table and the Wall Plug is less than 2 meters away in the socket. Nothing between HC2 and wall plug. Absolutely nothing. And it doesn’t work. Wall plug lost connection. 

Edited by danielbanker

Strange. I would make a service call to Fibaro. Maybe they can figure out what is wrong. Fibaro can be given access to your Homecenter's log.

• Inquirer
  • I guess it has something to do with the reset of the HC2. I tried mesh network reconfiguration but nothing changed. 

The Wall Plug which lost connection illuminates white all the time. Is that a hint for the experts here?

• Inquirer
  • Does anyone have an idea?

I tried to include a motion sensor. That worked. But he has absolutely no connection if he doesn't lay exactly in the near of the hc2.

The Motion Sensor glows yellow so the manual says he tries to communicate to the main controller through an other device.

But I don't have any other devices. I excluded all other devices. The motion sensor is 50cm away from the HC2 and has no connection and glows yellow.

I think the modules try to communicate with the other modules they remember from the days where all worked fine. But how will they ever forget these informations?

I restartet HC2, I resetted zwave network, I excluded and included the modules, I tried to reset the mesh network (the HC2 gave me no response to that) but nothing worked....

Its frustrating because I know that it worked before my whole system collapsed...........

The unreliability of HC2 is amazing. I have just 11 plugs suddenly has transfer failed/connection issue after using this set for good 2 to 3 month. 
    Since the start of December using HC2, every other weeks or so I will have login issue, switch disappearing and etc. 

Attempt to up Fibaro Switch 2 firmware is also a nightmare. Dimmer Switch also cannot reliability pair with HC2. It is so frustrating and HC2 is not cheap to begin with but really a piece of junk that cannot even work for more than half a year reliability.

Same problem here. Two TKB wall plugs stopped working with 'failed transfer'. This actually happened a few weeks ago along with a couple of motion sensors randomly giving up. I ended going to a backup taken before doing a firmware update, which sorted the problem then....now last night I have the same problems again, nothing changed....