Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

When is the update for the HC3 expected?

pvo

Question

I was told there was an update scheduled for the HC3 on 20-02-2020 I didn’t see anything. When is the update for the HC3 expected?

• Like 1

20 minut temu, Pete123 napisał:

I got a message from support today. Release is postponed to "in a nearly future, maybe in a start of march."

Standard for Fibaro.  You either postpone or cancel.  fraud!!!

26 minutes ago, Pete123 said:

I got a message from support today. Release is postponed to "in a nearly future, maybe in a start of march."

For a two days ago I heard before the end of February. They better release the current beta now - In any way it is better than the current one.

Hi guys,

I heard it is still in Alpha as it is still tested internally by FIBARO.

hi guys i fully understand your point of view, but lets assume that this release brings the migration process, now lets consider that it goes wrong because not finished. There we all will have some issues.

Maybe sometimes it's better waiting a bit more. furthermore I didn't read any official statement fom fibaro about an hc3 release this week, i might be wrong but i didn't saw any. Just rumors where i have participate myself. My bad.

I'm so impatient as you guys, trust me, but what can we do? now we have the hc3, every agrees to say it's not a finish produc yet. I'll talk for myself, nobody obliged me on buying it now. I was thinking the product was more advanced then what it is ok, and didn't waited for feedbacks/tests before pressing the button "buy" , now it's done. 

The migration will be long for some of us, the positive aspect for me is being an early adopter, will let me more time to control the new toy. 

I'll be the first complenng if the product is not at the meeting point in few months, we now need to be a little bit more patient.

Again, no one forced me to jump in, even if the advertising is very beautiful and promising and it makes you want, it's not excusing fibaro at all maybe the hc3 cames few weeks earlier than it should for some of us. At  least it also allowed  to ask for the return of removed functions (os.time&date sourcetrigger ....) and maybe fibaro has already heard and who knows it's maybe ready to comeback on the next few days that we need o wait before retrevaving them ..;

yours

Edited by Tony270570

24 minuty temu, Tony270570 napisał:

hi guys i fully understand your point of view, but lets assume that this release brings the migration process, now lets consider that it goes wrong because not finished. There we all will have some issues.

Maybe sometimes it's better waiting a bit more. furthermore I didn't read any official statement fom fibaro about an hc3 release this week, i might be wrong but i didn't saw any. Just rumors where i have participate myself. My bad.

I'm so impatient as you guys, trust me, but what can we do? now we have the hc3, every agrees to say it's not a finish produc yet. I'll talk for myself, nobody obliged me on buying it now. I was thinking the product was more advanced then what it is ok, and didn't waited for feedbacks/tests before pressing the button "buy" , now it's done. 

The migration will be long for some of us, the positive aspect for me is being an early adopter, will let me more time to control the new toy. 

I'll be the first complenng if the product is not at the meeting point in few months, we now need to be a little bit more patient.

Again, no one forced me to jump in, even if the advertising is very beautiful and promising and it makes you want, it's not excusing fibaro at all maybe the hc3 cames few weeks earlier than it should for some of us. At  least it also allowed  to ask for the return of removed functions (os.time&date sourcetrigger ....) and maybe fibaro has already heard and who knows it's maybe ready to comeback on the next few days that we need o wait before retrevaving them ..;

yours

I will not agree with your opinion.
The product published by "Market leader" should be refined.
He accepts "shortcomings" and "Mishaps" but in this case Fibaro knew what the shortcomings were and what was not working. You could notify users or restrict sales to installers only.

What Fibaro did was not a mistake, a mistake, an oversight.
It's purposeful, they knew what they were spending and what the shortcomings were. That is why I have no respect for such behavior.

Knowing what quality the software is now they advertise the device on facebook. Why do they encourage you to buy equipment that doesn't work?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

About this HC3 can only be said "Stylish and modern" in appearance. Nothing more.

Edited by wojciechS
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Tony270570 said:

yours

It will just migrate the z-wave devices as far as I know, not scenes, VD's or anything else. The current alpha/beta under testing is miles ahead of the released firmware. So in short - our running firmware that came with the HC3 is more or less a pre-alpha firmware. The advertising and the released product have little in common. IMHO it would not harm to release the current firmware that is under testing, as a Public Alpha (or Beta) as an optional install. Those who like to install it can do it, those who don't want to install it can skip it, just as they do with the HC2 betas.

Edited by robw
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, robw said:

It will just migrate the z-wave devices as far as I know, not scenes, VD's or anything else

You're probably right @robw, I don't know how this migration will be handled, I'm not beta tester. But let's assume it erase the source machine as it's done today for a copy from hc2 to hc2. If the migration wents wrong and the source machine is erased? just assumptions. 

If you release a firmware you could be sure that 75% of people will try it.

Anyway thank you for your positive attitude, it's fully understandable, i'm not trying to defend fibaro here, i'm not expecting receiving any favor from them here.

What i'm just saying is i'm major i know what i'm doing and nobody oblidge me of anything. Now i don't oblidge anybody to agree with me i don't car. I'm interrested in having constructive exchange and for that thank you again @robw as your are coming with pragmatic propositions.

I'll gave my point of view nobody will be oblidge to agreed with that, and i'm ok with that ;)

Now for people that doesn't argree the best thing to do is to connect to facebook/twitter or whatever, i to complain where the advertising is done as it will have much more impact than here.

still yours ;)

16 minutes ago, Tony270570 said:

You're probably right @robw, I don't know how this migration will be handled, I'm not beta tester. But let's assume it erase the source machine as it's done today for a copy from hc2 to hc2. If the migration wents wrong and the source machine is erased? just assumptions. 

If you release a firmware you could be sure that 75% of people will try it.

Anyway thank you for your positive attitude, it's fully understandable, i'm not trying to defend fibaro here, i'm not expecting receiving any favor from them here.

What i'm just saying is i'm major i know what i'm doing and nobody oblidge me of anything. Now i don't oblidge anybody to agree with me i don't car. I'm interrested in having constructive exchange and for that thank you again @robw as your are coming with pragmatic propositions.

I'll gave my point of view nobody will be oblidge to agreed with that, and i'm ok with that ;)

Now for people that doesn't argree the best thing to do is to connect to facebook/twitter or whatever, i to complain where the advertising is done as it will have much more impact than here.

still yours ;)

I hardly think it would erase the source machine. As far as I know, the Z-wave devices will be moved, nothing else. You would have your old scenes, VD's, plugins left on the source machine. The HC3 have a different handling of Scenes, and Quick Apps is the new type of VD's, and they are not compatible.

I understand that you are as eager as everyone, and that you are not defending Fibaro - I'm totally ok with your view of that it could be right to wait for a new firmware :) I'm sure that if we wait a few weeks from now we will have a better firmware that what is under testing just at the moment. In a year I'm pretty sure that the HC3 is a wonderful solution. But right now Fibaro could patch us with some band-aids and release the current testing firmwares as an *optional install* in a fast pace, so we could at least get the basics working, since it will be a long, long road until we see the marketing specs hype match our just-bought HC3's.

If there was only smaller discrepancies, a few bugs here and there, a longer wait would be ok. But right now I feel that we still are in a pre-alpha, so installing another pre-alpha or pre-beta will probably don't do any harm - it would probably just make it more stable and definitely more functional than it is. I haven't heard any beta tester saying that the current testing firmware is bad, but what do I know? :) Fibaro does not give us any information.

• Like 1

How nice are you that forgive Fibaro for selling hardware where the software does not meet the promised specification.

After all, Fibaro's advertising has in no way informed you that there is no software support for the built-in hardware. I myself had hoped that there would be complete support for all the promised protocols.

It seems that Fibaro's marketing department has no idea that they also have a software section within the company.

Had they communicated with each other, they would have either expanded the software department or they would have postponed the launch of HC3 for a year.

An annoyed and combative American would surely win a lawsuit against Fibaro about this.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RH_Dreambox said:

How nice are you that forgive Fibaro for selling hardware where the software does not meet the promised specification.

I don't know if it is me you thing forgive Fibaro, but I assume that since your post came directly after mine. I certainly do not forgive Fibaro for that marketing. In no way do I accept it, either. If you read my posts you can probably see that. In this thread I have advocated for Fibaro to release the current inhouse test build, because the current released is bad and lacks a ton of the promised features.

I got a mail awhile ago this afternoon from Fibaro, and that said that the start of sales would be in March (I assume the Fibaro support technician means the HC3). But the sales started weeks ago, and I recieved my HC3 two weeks ago. That means not everyone at Fibaro even knows that the HC3 is out to the public...

• Like 2

I don't know if it is me you thing forgive Fibaro, but I assume that since your post came directly after mine.

No @robw I'm not referring specifically to your post. I'm just a little surprised that your votes are not much higher.
I would have liked to have been in the queue first to buy an HC3, but when I realized that there was no support for the promised protocols, I abstained from buying.
Otherwise it would have been wonderful to be able to clean out some equipment i have, that has just the now missing protocols.

10 minutes ago, RH_Dreambox said:

How nice are you that forgive Fibaro

Thank you :) let's say I put lot of things in perspective and fortunately everybody is not like me !

Idea is not saying adopt the same attitude, i'm nobody for saying that, i didn't even think things like that... 

But now the toy is home what are the option, returning it? resaling it? complaining? ok like many of us we know fibaro we are using it system since many years. But by the end they are delivering nice things, sometime less ;) 

So as @robw wrote, let's wait for the "official" sale starts and  consider this a youthful mistake.

3 minutes ago, RH_Dreambox said:

that has just the now missing protocols.

Personnaly i'm not expecting anything from zigbe (zwave power :) )but I don't believe  that one has an official statement about it delay but i might be wrong, it would be nice to have it otherwise i would expect a lot of disappointments again ... and all the impacts that people disappointed ligitimately might have.

34 minutes ago, RH_Dreambox said:

No @robw I'm not referring specifically to your post. I'm just a little surprised that your votes are not much higher.
I would have liked to have been in the queue first to buy an HC3, but when I realized that there was no support for the promised protocols, I abstained from buying.
Otherwise it would have been wonderful to be able to clean out some equipment i have, that has just the now missing protocols.

Ah, ok, sorry. Thank you for your kind words of surprise that my votes are not higher. Probably not many people have bought the HC3 yet, and many of them who have them maybe are beta testers that happily is using a much better firmware, and people who got a free HC3 in order to give reviews and contribute? Perhaps that is why not many are telling their opinion about the issues and the facts that the HC3 is not doing what it is marketed to do? I don't know.

I hurried to the queue to buy the HC3, because HC2 was so far the best HA controller I tested (I've tested Zipato a few weeks, but quickly abandoned it because of all service outages). The HC2 have run fine for me, regular firmware updates that have not caused me any issues. After my HC3 order it came forward that there was no support for 433 or Zigbee, so I was let down. Luckily I did not have many such devices, but I looked forward to buy some Zigbee devices. When it arrived I at least thought the internal functions for building basic scenes was ready - but not even that (some important things like os.time is not activated).

So far I've heard rumours that the firmware would have been released Friday one week ago, then yesterday, and also the vague date "before the end of February". But now it is some time in March...

• Like 2

The HC3 still has so many errors and Fibaro advertises with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Apart from the fact that it may be planned at some point, how I will unlock zigbee and Bluetooth at some point, until it works, years pass.

Should be currently dealing with problems that have not been going since the 1 version, such as Siri, Alexa, heating, Hue and Sonos plugin and much more.

Just ask the community for help with translations, like Homey did the gat, at least the translation is perfect, thanks to the users !!

Edited by Macschimmi
  • Like 1