Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Old app versus new Home Center app

Alex de Bruin

Question

Over the years i created several virtual devices on my HC2. The look of the devices is nice and similar in the web interface and the old fibaro app (Android)

For example a virtual device that reads some values for temperature, light and presence from my hue outdoor sensor.

The webbrowser image looks like

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_02/image1.PNG.e6dd69cbe3b80b10122c5c5c40f23764.PNG" />

and the old Android app it looks like

image2.png.cc03ab083db9626f5c72311a7213aa4b.png

My problem is the new Home Center app. There is no proper alignment and values are almost unreadable.

image3.png.895a923a98a45a7da76a2013aa4a86ee.png

Does anyone know if it is possible and how to make virtual devices in the new app look a bit more like the original device ?

Does the new HC3 and Quick Apps give better opportunities to adjust the look and feel in the Home Center app ?

5 answers to this question

I report this issue so many times Fibaro doesn't do anything about it.

going on this problem for more then a year. ?

9 hours ago, Alex de Bruin said:

Does the new HC3 and Quick Apps give better opportunities to adjust the look and feel in the Home Center app ?

No.

More ever plugins have same problem. no buttons...

I do believe fibaro is working on that and we'll see some progress on next releases.

Hue light are also missing in the app with HC3. Rooms with only Hue lights does not even show up. The scaling on tablets is also wrong still.

Funny that you posted this because on the weekend I got the idea to install v1.6 of the new app... And I found the exact same problem as you. 

I also found that I can't seem to find a single screen where I can see the current temp and the scheduled temp and be able to override the schedule. 

How long had this app been out now that I can't control my heating properly... 

It's really nice to see in the new app when the schedule temp will change next, but I have to see the current temp and I'd also like to see the status of the actuator from the linked devices. If there are up to 3 linked devices in a room I'd expect I could see all this info in one screen (there is certainly enough room for it on my phone screen) : 3x current temp, 3x actuator status (on/off), scheduled temp, time and temp when scheduled temp next changes, ability to override schedule.... I'll keep dreaming and I'll keep relying on my own VDs for heating.....

Heating is really simple stuff to control. Why after all these years it's still not working out of the box is a mystery to me. 

Thankfully Fibaro let us build VDs to do it ourselves. 

Rant over.