Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

no lights after power interruption

barend121

Question

Hi,

after a power outage I found the HC2 with all lights on flashing and not functioning. 

I plugged out the power adapter (on the adapter side) and reinserted it, the HC2 came alive, after a few lights on (moving from right to left) all lights went off. 

I re-tried this procedure (pulling out power and reconnected it) and same result, lights came on, and after a few seconds, all lights went out. 

I unscrewed the left panel to assure the HC2 power plug was well connected into the device, and the device came alive and everything worked as expected.

Does this ring a bell? Is the power adapter defect? is the HC2 defect? Is there something else wrong?  hope someone got a clue of has an answer, the Homecenter is quite important and preventing a failure is better than experiencing one :-)

Thanks for your help!

can this has something to do with it?  I also pressed the buttons on the back

2 answers to this question

I have a similar problem. Not every time but sometimes my Homecenter2 does not reboot after being removed from power. And pressing the buttons does not help. After a series of removing the HomeCenter from power and pressing buttons like a maniac, the HomeCenter reboots. I do not know why. The problem started a couple of firmware updates ago.

My HC2 after power outage always booting with this behavior: 

leds right to left

blank (1-2 minutes!!!!!)

leds right to left

blank shortly

3 leds 

this behavior was started about 2y ago

idk why but I do not care about this now