Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Wiring smart implant - optex PIR VXS

_Joa_

Question

Hello,

I would like to connect the smart implant FGBS-222 to an optex device. The device is VXS-RDAM and the connection is as follows:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_03/image.png.c1b8644e5d2d30ef83c73c18f1f517ea.png" />image.png.523f1872ad7875c8d58ca95339e63a41.png

The figure of the left is the optex connection in the datasheet for two inputs (tamper + alarm). On the right, the conection to the fibaro is showed.

At the moment, I am not going to connect to a wiring alarm , I want to communicate it exclusively by wireless connection.

Has anyone have an idea of what is the correct wiring connection, I much appreciate any help.

Another doubt,  the FGBS-222 needs a power supply of 9-30V DC ±10%, and the optex device battery provides  the following supply:

CR123A x 3 (3.0 V DC)

CR2 x 3 (3.0 V DC)

1/2AA x 3 (3.6 V DC)

1/2AA x 6 (7.2 V DC x 3)*

*3.6 V DC 1/2 AA battery in series

Document (pag 2) 

Please login or register to see this link.

And the power input is 3 to 9 V DC Lithium or Alkaline Battery.

Do I need an extra batery (independent) for the smart implant?

Watching this document (page 1)

Please login or register to see this link.

I  think that I can not share batteries as it must be the same type ( 3v, max 7.2 v). So I must use the second scheme (not battery sharing) . In this case what kind of batteries do you usually use for Smart implant, ¿ 9 v?

I hope the subject help others to connect these great devices to the z-wave hub.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards,

Joaquin

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet