Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

DAIKIN Air Condition Units

laurgh

Question

Hello everybody,

Does anybody knows how can I control my DAIKIN AC units with FIBARO HC3? The units are already having Wi-Fi connection and they can be controlled from their own application but I would like to include thei control in Fibaro to try to control as much as possible everything from one application only.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Laurentiu

4 answers to this question

3 hours ago, laurgh said:

Nobody?!

Hi @laurgh , there are integrations for HC2 here on forum. Maybe you, or someone else cab convert it to HC3 :-)

• Inquirer
  • Thanks @bodyart. I've seen that. Trying now to improve my skills in developing quick apps... Let you know when I have something :) 

• Inquirer
  • Ok. After restarting HC3 I managed to get rid of a variable which was always appearing from nowhere. Seems that a restart is solving the problems. I have now managed to code the QuickApp in order to send an ON/OFF command to the AC unit and to change the modes. I still did not finished the part with setting the temperature. Why? Because I wanted to try the quick app from Home Center app from my phone. Surprise, surprise! It does not appear at all in Home Center. In the old app, Fibaro, the quick app appears but I am getting an error when I am trying to open it. 

Starting to lose my confidence... 

So, the most important things to be solved:

1. DAIKIN_AC device is not appearing in Home Center app.

2. Setting the needed temperature by moving the slider. Not a big deal but because the slider limits cannot be changed we have to ignore some values (for example we cannot set 99 degrees).

3. I did not made a continuous loop for reading the values of the AC unit as I don't know how is this affecting the resources of HC3. If somebody has any recommendation I would appreciate. Without looping the update of AC unit information, if the AC unit is changing its status from a remote control or something else, this status will not be seen in the QuickApp.

4. Adding the fan speed setting.

5. Adding the wing direction setting. 

6. Adding the reading of internal and external temperatures.

Please login or register to see this attachment.