Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Updating HCL firmware

Gtwibell

Question

I managed to revive a partially-working HCL by replacing the battery, resetting into the recovery screen, and selecting 'Recover your system to latest software version. All user data will be erased' option.

Prior to recovery the HCL was on firmware version 4.170  Now it has reverted to 3.601. I wish to update to the latest 4.580 version. The 'update available' LED is not lighting. How should I attempt this please? I see all the updates listed in the FIBARO System Update thread but there is no downloads available.

5 answers to this question

I had issues updating as well, the fix was simply to make sure the date and time were set correctly.  Once this was done it updated without issue.  For some reason the NTP configuration is broken after a factory reset, and until you fix that you can't update.  Really unhelpfully it doesn't tell you why it can't update, it just fails.

Thank you very much - time and location specification helps!! Not only for update, but also for replacing logins of admin!! 

Behaviour before was very strange

I also am not able to upgrade the firmware in my Fibaro Lite gateway. It has been collecting dust for a few years but i recently decided to try and make use of it. 

The gateway is currently on firmware version 4.080. When i navigate under the "Configuration" tab, i don't get any option to upgrade to the more recent versions. Just like with @Gtwibell above, the 'update' LED is not on.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

@Sensative

Hi, make sure the following items are set,

Time,

DNS server. 1.1.1.1 or 8.8.8.8

Then make sure the HCL has a internet connection.

You can be sure if you add the HCL to a Fibaro account. And is reachable with the mobile app. phone NOT connected to Wi-Fi.

Then the update should pop-up after some time.

Update from Trikkitt made it work for me too! Great tip ?

On 6/3/2020 at 11:27 PM, Trikkitt said:

I had issues updating as well, the fix was simply to make sure the date and time were set correctly.  Once this was done it updated without issue.  For some reason the NTP configuration is broken after a factory reset, and until you fix that you can't update.  Really unhelpfully it doesn't tell you why it can't update, it just fails.