Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

todor1967

IFTTT problem

Question

Hello, why is there a problem when using the IFTTT platform? The list of scenes and devices comes out very slowly. Even after the list comes out, the scene cannot be saved, or if it is still recorded, it does not work. What is happening?

8 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • I have HC2 and by the end of April, everything was OK. Then it doesn't work. I wrote to the support, but they did not respond. It sucks. I was thinking of buying HC3, but I think I'll wait because I don't read good reviews.

I have same problem with my HCL.

It's very slow to load scene lists. 

And very often it doesn't work, in the activity logs I get the message: 
    "Trigger failed: The FIBARO service or its API may temporarily be down"

Posted (edited)

guys really, what do you expect from Cloud to Cloud solution? There i "whole internet" between IFTTT request source -> IFTTT Server, IFTTT Server -> Fibaro Server, Fibaro Server -> your Home .. and of course back.

Fibaro is hosting their services at greywizard.com, when i tested the download speed (i have 10 GBit link, and not capped when i test it with some pr0n and warez servers) i got only 40-50MBit, so definitely the connectivity to/from greywizard ISP is slow (btw, since few days). Having slow connectivity, some Fibaro / C2C Services will timeout.

Don't blame Fibaro for that, I think, as soon Covid-19 is gone, and ISPs stopps capping the speed, the situation will be better.

Edited by tinman

• Inquirer
  • Yes, maybe Covid-19 is to blame for the delay. I use other IFTTT services and there is no problem. Only Fibaro has a problem. Maybe the problem is greywizard.com. However, I am only one user who wants to use the services that are offered without any problems. Not to mention that in HC3 IFTTT is advertised as part of the system. We will wait. I like the Fibaro system and I want it to evolve.

Yes, no problem with other services either. Only Fibaro is slow. 

Let's hope it's only passenger

Posted (edited)
    On 5/12/2020 at 12:35 PM, tinman said:

guys really, what do you expect from Cloud to Cloud solution? There i "whole internet" between IFTTT request source -> IFTTT Server, IFTTT Server -> Fibaro Server, Fibaro Server -> your Home .. and of course back.

Fibaro is hosting their services at greywizard.com, when i tested the download speed (i have 10 GBit link, and not capped when i test it with some pr0n and warez servers) i got only 40-50MBit, so definitely the connectivity to/from greywizard ISP is slow (btw, since few days). Having slow connectivity, some Fibaro / C2C Services will timeout.

Don't blame Fibaro for that, I think, as soon Covid-19 is gone, and ISPs stopps capping the speed, the situation will be better.

@tinman ,

Sorry, but actually I don't care about greywizard.com, ISP's capping speed, 10Gb links and al kinds of other stuff that could be an 'explanation' why something does not work as advertised.  I can only see that I have more than 30 IFTTT applets in which all kinds of other services are involved and they DO work, covid or not. Just Fibaro, again does not deliver on his promises. Tinman, it's not because it's not important for YOU that it can't be important to others. Sure as a 'poweruser' you can make some very clever workaround with HTTP, get, Post, Api, json and whatever nice other terms your hobby has. I don't know what these terms mean and I do not want to know. I just want what I paid for to work. It's as simple as that.

Edited by wienog

I only use IFTTT in combination with Fibaro for leaving and entering a geo zone, and that works (for a long time already).