Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Passive Cooling

Automator

Question

Does the Fibaro Heatcontroller work also with fancoils and passive cooling?

IMO for this to work, the heatcontroller needs an always-on mode independent of the room temperature.

2 answers to this question

i do not think so. the heat controller only opens a valve so it will not start a fan coil unit.
i use z wave fan coil thermostats. mco and heltun
But how do you want to use the fan coils for passive cooling do they have an outside air valve?

• Inquirer
  • I plan to install JAGA fancoils from the Strada Hybrid series.

They are primarily low temperature copper/aluminum radiators with fans for use with heatpumps as a replacement for traditional hightemp radiators but can be used for mild non-condensing cooling as well.

Their fans are controlled by their own built-in thermostate so no need for the z-wave thermostate to control the fans.

In cooling mode the valves should be fully open. Water temperature is controlled by the heatpump to prevent condensation on the fancoils.

After reading the manual of the Fibaro thermostate there seems to be a manufacturer specific mode which sets the valve to fully open. 

If anyone has a similar setup I‘d like to hear whether it is working as expected.

• Like 1