Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Connecting DS18B20 Sensor to Door/Windows Sensor 1 - could someone explain in words rather than pictures?

the_swissionary

Question

Hello,

I recently purchased a Door/Windows Sensor 1; now I'd like to attach a DS18B20 Temperature Sensor to it.

However, I am basically two things. First, I am a total novice when it comes to DS18B20 sensors and such; secondly, I am completely blind; and whereever I am searching for instructions, I keep coming accross graphical diagrams showing everyone who can see how it is done.

I am getting desperate tryint go find anyone who could explain - IN WORDS - how the DS18B20 is supposed to be hooked up to the Door/Window Sensor.

Could someone in this forum help me out?

Here are the things I am struggling.

First: I did locate the four small holes into which, I suppose, the DS18B20 wires will be inserted. Could someone tell me which wire has to go into which hole? Let's say: If I place the Door/Window Sensor in front of me with its flat side down and the four little holes facing me, and then going from left to right: Which "hole" serves which purpose?

Next: How do I actually insert the wires? Do they just go through the holes and then straight on? Or do I need to bend them towards a certain location?

And then: How do I make sure the wires are actually staying inside the Door/Window sensor? Whatever I tried, I find that the wires very easily slide back out again. In another forum, someone wrote about "adjusting a screw", but I could not locate any screw to adjust so far.

Any help would be most appreciated!

Thanks a lot and have a great day!

5 answers to this question

Hello,

I am confused you should have 4 little screws to adjust the wires.

If you have the sensor in front of you and the 4 screws on th right hand side.

Your DS18B20 should be located on the right side of the sensor.

If you feel the letters DS18B20 that should be the bottom side 

the wires facing the sensor

The order of the wires is from top to bottom sensor 1-2-3-4

-top wire on top screw>>>power temp

-2nd wire (Middle one) on 2nd screw >>>data temp

-3rd wire on 3rd screw>>>>ground

- 4th screw  is free nothing connected.

I hope it will help you,

Succes,

//Sjakie

• Like 1

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_06/36085959_Doorsensorwithtempsensor.jpg.a6218388fd1aa0f6e78a9d43a9dbd479.jpg" />

Jeżeli masz FIBARO DOOR/WINDOW SENSOR 2
FGDW-002 to nie trzeba podłączać czujnika temperatury bo jest wbudowany. Po dodaniu do systemu dostaniesz 3 ikony.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_06/image.png.743265a02754fa7629299e7b404e7448.png" />

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Inquirer
  • 19 hours ago, Sjakie said:

Hello,

I am confused you should have 4 little screws to adjust the wires.

If you have the sensor in front of you and the 4 screws on th right hand side.

Your DS18B20 should be located on the right side of the sensor.

If you feel the letters DS18B20 that should be the bottom side 

the wires facing the sensor

The order of the wires is from top to bottom sensor 1-2-3-4

-top wire on top screw>>>power temp

-2nd wire (Middle one) on 2nd screw >>>data temp

-3rd wire on 3rd screw>>>>ground

- 4th screw  is free nothing connected.

I hope it will help you,

Succes,

//Sjakie

Hello Sjakie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to explain.

I still seem to have issues understanding something. Would you mind explaining a bit more?

First, you ere right. I do find four screws which came with my GFK101 Door/Window Sensor.
    However, when I try sticking them into the little holes on the right side of the sensor, I find that they hardly fit. (They see to be too thick).

And if the holes already have wires in them, they don't fit anymore at all.

I am under the impression that I am misunderstanding something very basic here. :(

Could you tell me if the screws and the wires are supposed to go into the same holes? Or do I insert the wires somewhere, while placing the screws somewhere else?

Thanks again for your help! :)

Hello no problem at all!

The sensor has 4 screws if you place your screw driver in the screw the wire gets in at 90 degrees turned in a little hole.

Second description if the sensor is in front of you and the screws are on the right side the screw is positioned vertical if turn the screw "loose"(against the clock) it will open the hole where you need to put the wire in.

Third description are you familiar with a cable connector often used to connect a ceiling lamp  the connection on your sensor is simular.

Its possible that the wire is to thick, I dont have such a device so it is hard for me to inform you about that but I doubt.

If not clear dont hesitate to ask me,

succes

//Sjakie

• Like 1