Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

sendEmail doesn't work all of the sudden

d4ni3l

Question

This is so frustrating. There is some sort of issue with "sendEmail". It worked fine until the 9th this month and it's dead since then. Ever since i tried various methods to make it work again, without any bit of luck!

I am using clicksend.com's services to be able to send sms's, since Fibaro's own SMS service is not working in my country.

I basically have a Fibaro user with [email protected] and I use this user's id to sendEmail and receive sms in the event of alarm trigger.

Please login or register to see this code.

This is just the part of the script the sends notifications and is Active in the Advanced configuration of the alarm panel. Once a sensor is triggered the alarm starts counting and after some seconds it should send the push and the sms.
The sendPush works, the sendEmail works only for the id of the main user, which is a normal gmail account. So it does not seem to work anymore for [email protected]. I don't think I updated the system, happened all of the sudden.
I tried recreating the scene, nothing.

- the native SMS service don't work;

- alarm panel makes sense only with scripting workarounds;

- the counter in the alarm panel, the one that starts the action/scene is worthless, it's bugged ... works randomly or depending of the number of seconds you input;

- every once in a while the system crashes, without means to reboot it remotely. I had to create another workaround, a reboot scene, what do you know ... you can't just use a scene, you need some VD workaround

...  and the list continues, now this.

I keep trying to convince myself to go on with Fibaro systems, but honestly with all the competitors out there, it's being very difficult to stick with it with all those unresolved issues!

FRUSTRATING!

Does anyone know what the h... is going on, and how can i fix this ?

I use this to send SMS and eventually call my phone in case of alarm trigger, because push notification is not effective all the time (app might be closed, internet issues ... etc.). This is becoming a showstopper for me, it's really sad ....

Device type: HC2

Software Version:4.590

Edited by d4ni3l

2 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Problem found!
    So, they changed who sends the notification from [email protected] to [email protected]. The sms service I am using is (was) using that as "allowed" email/user.

Wow ... nice going. No notification, no nothing. This is secure as f.... from my pov.

Another one bites the ... by Fibaro. Case closed.

Frustrating ...