Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Shifting time for Double Switch 2

Scotsh

Question

Hello,

we have 4 outdoor lamps with integrated motion sensors installed around the house. I want to integrate them into our Fibaro System.

The lamps have a feature to switch to continous lighting if the light switch is set to OFF -> ON -> OFF -> ON. This sequence should happen in less then a second.

I tried it with one of our existing Double Switch 2 and wrote a scene to activate that sequence. It seems that Double Switch 2 is not able to reliably execute this sequence if i choose delays for each switch to match the 1 second threshold :(

As the Double Switch has an audible "click" when switching i guess this is a technical limitation.

I now have seen that there is a new Double Switch (called Double Smart Module) ->

Please login or register to see this link.

I tried to find any information in which way the the new switch is superior to the Double Switch 2, but to no avail. I was hoping maybe a faster shifting time.

Does anybody have any suggestion how i could execute the scene with any Fibaro device? Or any other compatible Z-Wave device?

2 answers to this question

Can you post your LUA code - someone may be able to help fine tune it?

• Inquirer
  • This was some time ago. I didnt keep the code. But it was very basic: Turn device on -> sleep -> turn off -> sleep -> .....

If i had chosen sleep intervalls that are too short the following statement did not have an effect. As the switch is audible this was pretty easy to comprehend that a command was skipped if the sleep was to short.

Choosing a large enough timeframe for the sleep resulted in the exact number of audible "clicks" that were expected but in sum it was too long for the lamp to switch to continuous mode.

It is also very hard to do it by the light switch, but i am not sure if this is related to the shifting speed of the module or is multiple fast consecutive clicks are just interpreted as double or triple clicks.

Thinking about it "shifting time" is probably not the correct term. The module does seem to have a certain "down time" or "dead time" after switching from on->off or off->on. Is this specified anywhere? 

In the LUA script is there a way to switch at the next possible time? For example (pseudocode):

while(switch is off)

{

switch -> ON

}

With that it should at least be possible to switch as fast as possible. 

Please login or register to see this code.

Please login or register to see this code.