Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Single Switch connectivity issue

djGert

Hello all

I use multiple Single Switch for Homekit. 

Two of these are in my garden, 15m away from my home. They are in a shed, with other Homekit compatible stuff (Hue, Eve with Eve extender, (Sonos)) 

Until last week they worked fine. Since this week they have issues to connect. I changed my setup, that I will explain below. 

I hope someone can help me out? 

old setup

in my shed I had an Apple TV 4th gen configured as hub and an Apple Airport as Wifi access point. The Apple TV hub was never 'connected' but always 'stand-by' because I have multiple Apple TV in my home of which one says 'connected' (and to my knowledge a stand-by homekit hub does not do anything)

new setup

I switched off the Apple TV and the Apple Airport, replacing it with a Netgear Orbi Satellite. I connected the Eve Extender to the Satellite and so my Eve, Sonos and Hue (and other wifi) connectivity is perfect, in that shed.

My 2 Single Switches have issues with connectivity. They work half of the time. When they do not work, I go to the Fibaro app and 'play' a few second with the 'on-off' of the single switch and 75% sure they connect and they work. Not very useful because I want the Switches to work flawlessly anytime.

Anyone any idea?

I could reconnect the Apple TV but I wanted to disconnect that one: Sometime it gets connected as hub giving issues in my house (to far away).

HELP!

• 3 weeks later...

Same problem for me since I replaced my old Netgear Orbi for a new Orbi WiFi6 router. No other device gives problems only the Fibaro wall plugs. They seem to connect to the router on 5GHz from time to time, though they are made for 2.4Ghz. Given the fact that all other 50 devices, from multiple suppliers, work correctly and with an extreme connection speed. I conclude it’s a Fibaro issue that need to be solved.