Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Temprature inside and outside Scene

Jurassik

Question

Hi

First of all sorry for my bad English.

I have hC2 and i want to know if anyone can help me on this and if tis possible.

I want to make a scene, if the temperature outside its superior than temperature inside of house, then active Variable Summer.

i don't know if we can put a average of some hours superior than average of some hours inside of home.

Hope if someone can help 

Thanks

From Portugal

Yes I think you could achieve this using LUA.  How about a structure like this:

Create global variables for some times during the day, for example  InsideTempMorning, InsideTempNoon, InsideTempAfternoon, and InsideTempNight, then OutsideTempMorning, OutsideTempNoon, OutsideTempAfternoon, and OutsideTempNight.

Write a scene that automatically runs, and checks the time. If it is 6am, then put the inside temperature into InsideTempMorning, and the outside temperature into OutsideTempMorning.  Similiarly, do the same for if it is 12pm, 6pm, and 12am.  If you aren't good at LUA, you could do most of this in pieces using block scenes, and convert them to LUA and add together.

Then at 12am, in the code, do the math to calculate the average temperature difference, and then activate your global variable "Summer" if it meets your condition.

The other way to do this is have an LUA scene that checks the month.  If it is month 6, 7, or 8, it is summer :-)

• Like 1

This is how I would do this. (average not included). Set scene to automatic and it triggers only on ouside temp. To get it to work only change the orange ID numbers.

--[[
%% properties
%% value

209 value
%% weather
%% events
%% globals
--]]

local startSource    = fibaro:getSourceTrigger()
    local tempid1    = 209    -- ID number temperature sensor outside
    local tempid2    = 204    -- ID number temperature sensor inside
    local temp1        = tonumber(fibaro:getValue(tempid1, "value"))
    local temp2        = tonumber(fibaro:getValue(tempid2, "value"))

fibaro:debug("Temperature outside is "..temp1)
    fibaro:debug("Temperature inside is "..temp1)

if
    temp1 > temp2
then
    fibaro:debug("Temperatur outside is higher")
    fibaro:setGlobal("Summer", "Yes")
else
    fibaro:debug("Temperatur outside is lower or equal")
    fibaro:setGlobal("Summer", "No")
end

You could also use a set value for the inside temp. Just make the following change in the code.

local temp2        = 22    -- Set temperature for variable change

I will keep to code for now, so I you want a minor change just let me know. Code is tested.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_07/afbeelding.png.cda1b85523b126db5d1b0fcc376d22bf.png" />

Edited by Jeroen_
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Tim__ said:

The other way to do this is have an LUA scene that checks the month.  If it is month 6, 7, or 8, it is summer :-)

From my perspective (I live in the Netherlands) the summer in Portugal is more like 9 Months ?

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • 19 hours ago, Tim__ said:

Yes I think you could achieve this using LUA.  How about a structure like this:

Create global variables for some times during the day, for example  InsideTempMorning, InsideTempNoon, InsideTempAfternoon, and InsideTempNight, then OutsideTempMorning, OutsideTempNoon, OutsideTempAfternoon, and OutsideTempNight.

Write a scene that automatically runs, and checks the time. If it is 6am, then put the inside temperature into InsideTempMorning, and the outside temperature into OutsideTempMorning.  Similiarly, do the same for if it is 12pm, 6pm, and 12am.  If you aren't good at LUA, you could do most of this in pieces using block scenes, and convert them to LUA and add together.

Then at 12am, in the code, do the math to calculate the average temperature difference, and then activate your global variable "Summer" if it meets your condition.

Very thanks for your post.

im not good in code, really i never do that.

to do this "Then at 12am, in the code, do the math to calculate the average temperature difference, and then activate your global variable "Summer" if it meets your condition."

Need to code Lua right?

• Inquirer
  • 10 hours ago, Jeroen_ said:

This is how I would do this. (average not included). Set scene to automatic and it triggers only on ouside temp. To get it to work only change the orange ID numbers.

--[[
    %% properties
    %% value

209 value
    %% weather
    %% events
    %% globals
    --]]

local startSource    = fibaro:getSourceTrigger()
        local tempid1    = 209    -- ID number temperature sensor outside
        local tempid2    = 204    -- ID number temperature sensor inside
        local temp1        = tonumber(fibaro:getValue(tempid1, "value"))
        local temp2        = tonumber(fibaro:getValue(tempid2, "value"))

fibaro:debug("Temperature outside is "..temp1)
        fibaro:debug("Temperature inside is "..temp1)

if
        temp1 > temp2
    then
    else
    end

You could also use a set value for the inside temp. Just make the following change in the code.

local temp2        = 22    -- Set temperature for variable change

I will keep to code for now, so I you want a minor change just let me know. Code is tested.

Please login or register to see this link.

You do the code, im impressed, really really thanks for your time.

the id number for sensor temperature outside, i don't have, i hope to use a widget from Fibaro, its possible ?

If i set the local temp2 to 22, the result will be lower or higher than 22 degree ?

So this code "only" says  outside temperature is lower or higher, right? but he do every hours or only we run a scene ?

By the way the summer in Portugal isn't 9 Months :-) , i would like it will be . it's like 4-5 Months, i think its in Netherlands isn't so different, thats why your contry produces flowers for all Europe :-) 

Very thanks

3 hours ago, Jurassik said:

im not good in code, really i never do that.

I'm not that great either...the easiest way to learn is to create a block scene, and convert it to LUA.  That way you can see how LUA code is created, and you can play with it, update it, improve it. If you keep trying, you will get there :-)

3 hours ago, Jurassik said:

to do this "Then at 12am, in the code, do the math to calculate the average temperature difference, and then activate your global variable "Summer" if it meets your condition."

Need to code Lua right?

Yes, If you want to do customised programming (as you do in this case), there's no choice but to learn LUA (or pay someone else to do it).

There's three parts here, that you can add to @

Please login or register to see this link.

's code above:

1. "At 12am": you can create this piece of code by making a simple block scene that triggers at 12am; then sets the Summer variable.  Then you covert it to LUA and can it the relevant parts.

2.  "Average temperature difference" maths: replace  if   temp1 > temp2    with    if (InsideTempMorning + InsideTempNoon + InsideTempAfternoon + InsideTempNight) < (OutsideTempMorning + OutsideTempNoon + OutsideTempAfternoon + and OutsideTempNight)

3. "Activate your global variable", using Jeroen's code exactly:

then
    else

Hope this helps...good luck :-) 

• Like 1

Hi Jurassik,

Using a widget is possible, I have modified the code for you. You are correct, if you change the 22 value to a higher or lower value the switching point for changing the Variable will change. Higher than 22 means Summer = Yes and lower means Summer is No.

I have added a print screen of the general tap of the code I made. You can use these settings and change the name and room as you wish.

The scene will run every time there is a temperature change outside. The first lines in the code are the triggers (the part between --[[ and --]] ) and in this case it triggers on a change of 3 Temperature. For me the ID number of YR Weather is 3 and I want the value of the temperature. When you use a device outside it works in the same way as you can see in the code I initially posted, there 209 value is the trigger.

Important is to change the value in the trigger area and the ID numbers in the "local area".

Code for using a temperature sensor inside:

Please login or register to see this code.

Code for a set setperature for switching: (you can change the 22 for any desired value)

Below are 2 print screens of how to find the Widget ID number. If you go to the widget in the devices list and hover over the settings button you can see the ID number in the left corner on the bottom of you screen. If you click on the button and you are in the widget you can see the ID number in the address line.

This is also possible using block scenes, but I prefer code for everything. When I started with my HC2 1,5 year ago I knew nothing about writing code. The tip from @Tim__ to start with blockscenes and then convert to code is a very good one and is how I learned a lot in the beginning. In coding perspective, I am and will be a newbie for a long time ?

4/5 months of summer is very nice. Overhere the summers aren't that great. I think the flowers don't need very high temperatures and need rain which we have plenty in a normal summer ? Last year was very good, but the average temperatur this summer is like 20°C so far and we had 3 days of 30°C. I am not a tippical dutch guy and prefer 30°C+ all year!

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 1

I have monitored the scene all morning and it has only triggered twice, and the temperature is often 2°C of with my Netatmo temperature sensor outside (which is in the shade). YR Weather is very slow with temperature updates.

Below a third version of the script with an infinite loop. This runs every 5 minutes, but that can easily be changed in the fibaro:sleep part. This one has %% autostart in the triggers because this scene only needs to be started once when you HC2 starts up.

Good luck with it!

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • Hi Once more very thanks 

I put the scene running, and I’m testing.

So after this what I do? 
    The idea is to set a variable, if summer some scenes start if not don’t?

But for simplify the things, than we do avarege, it’s possible to set a time of day to check temperature outside and inside?

I would do something like below. It's a scene that should be set to autostart. It will always run and sample the sensors every x minute. No need to trigger. The advantage is the we don't need to store values in globals as the scene always run and can keep the values in lua variables in the scene loop.

It will calculate a rolling average over the period specified (60min default) - and report the values. I included the summer set global code also if wanted.

• Like 1

Thanks for changing the code @jgab some new study material for me ? I couldn't have made this.

Another question because you are a very advanced user. What does a code like this on the load of a HC2? I try to keep a minimal number of scenes running continuously, but maybe that isn't necessary.

38 minutes ago, Jeroen_ said:

Thanks for changing the code @jgab some new study material for me ? I couldn't have made this.

Another question because you are a very advanced user. What does a code like this on the load of a HC2? I try to keep a minimal number of scenes running continuously, but maybe that isn't necessary.

It depends on the interval. But even if you run it every minute it will not show on the load. setIntervall effectively "sleeps" the scene between calls.

• Inquirer
  • 13 hours ago, jgab said:

I would do something like below. It's a scene that should be set to autostart. It will always run and sample the sensors every x minute. No need to trigger. The advantage is the we don't need to store values in globals as the scene always run and can keep the values in lua variables in the scene loop.

It will calculate a rolling average over the period specified (60min default) - and report the values. I included the summer set global code also if wanted.

Hi i put your code only change the id outside temperature (widget in my case) and if inside temperature and give me error:

what i see you code do the average every 60 minuts, right ?

Its possible only do a specific tie of the day, for example 14h00 ( 2:00 AM) in this case don´t need to do the average, only report.

another question after the scene was okay, how i can add this to other scene, if its summer... run some actions ?

Regards

and very thanks 

8 hours ago, Jurassik said:

Its possible only do a specific tie of the day, for example 14h00 ( 2:00 AM) in this case don´t need to do the average, only report.

another question after the scene was okay, how i can add this to other scene, if its summer... run some actions ?

Regards

and very thanks 

The error I see in the log you get if you have a bad deviceID. 

fibaro:getValue(deviceID,"value") return nil instead of a value, which either means a non existent deviceID or a device without the 'value' property.

In the original post I have added a check and error message for that.

It is setup to calculate the rolling average, the average of the last 60min, with samples recorded every minute.

In the example it sets a fibaro global "Summer" to "Yes" or "No". You can have another scene trigger on that global and do what's appropriate for summer and not summer.

If you only need to check the temperature once a day, ex 14:00, and no average, the scene can be made much easier.

There are many scenes that help you scheduling actions during the day.

@Sankotronic FTBE is one popular,

I have another

• Inquirer
  • On 7/27/2020 at 7:15 AM, jgab said:

If you only need to check the temperature once a day, ex 14:00, and no average, the scene can be made much easier.

Regards

and very thanks 

Hi very thanks, i add the correct divide ID, the outside temperature its a widget, maybe is that the problem ?

On 7/27/2020 at 7:15 AM, jgab said:

In the example it sets a fibaro global "Summer" to "Yes" or "No". You can have another scene trigger on that global and do what's appropriate for summer and not summer.

Okay the result will be yes or no, if yes its summer. Buti don't understand how i add another scene and put the result of this scene as a trigger ?

On 7/27/2020 at 7:15 AM, jgab said:

I have another

i check the samples you suggest, but i don´t see any campare temperature for inside to outside, for give summer or not without average.

Very thanks for your help

The 

Hi Jurassik,

Some small input from my side on some of your questions.

To trigger a scene on a variable you add the following to your code. (see orange) Now the script will run everytime the variable "Summer" changes state (from Yes to No or vice versa)

--[[
    %% properties
    %% value
    %% weather
    %% events
    %% globals

Summer
    --]]

To do an action based on the state of a variable you can add te following to the code. When Summer is yes, an action if executed.

if

fibaro:getGlobalValue("Summer") == "Yes"

then

Triggering and actions are 2 separate things (but often used together)

Can you please explain what you really want? It is not entirely clear to me and I thing it is something rather simpel. When should your Summer variable be Yes and when No?

Edited by Jeroen_
    • Like 1

• Inquirer
  • On 7/29/2020 at 12:24 PM, Jeroen_ said:

Hi Jurassik,

Some small input from my side on some of your questions.

To trigger a scene on a variable you add the following to your code. (see orange) Now the script will run everytime the variable "Summer" changes state (from Yes to No or vice versa)

--[[
    %% properties
    %% value
    %% weather
    %% events
    %% globals

Summer
    --]]

To do an action based on the state of a variable you can add te following to the code. When Summer is yes, an action if executed.

if

fibaro:getGlobalValue("Summer") == "Yes"

then

Triggering and actions are 2 separate things (but often used together)

Can you please explain what you really want? It is not entirely clear to me and I thing it is something rather simpel. When should your Summer variable be Yes and when No?

Hi one more very thanks for your replay.  This days very busy, sorry for late answer.

I have a CMV = Controlled mechanical ventilation, this machine renew the air of house.

i have a qubino module 0-10V inside for control the CMV

We have 3 velocity adjustments 1- 20% 2-60% 3-100%

The CMV need to run 10 hours per day on 20% for guarantee the quality of air 

1 So want i want to do is to set for examples 2 intervals od time for CMV run for example 5 hours in the morning and 5 hours in the afternoon/night

2* And when someone turn one the light of any bathroom for example less 1 minute, and the kitchen light on until 5 minutes,  the CMV will run on 20% for 5 minuts (after the light turn off)

3* If the light of any bathroom are on more than 1 minute,  and the kitchen light more than 5 minuts  then the CMV will increase the velocity to 60% for 15 minuts  (after the light tun off)

(*here i don't know if i can use Humidity painel, cause the trigger its dimabble and in this painel one tigers on-off)

2* - in any bathroom the humidity its 60-80% CMV set to 60%

3* in any bathroom the humidity above 81% CMV set to 100% 

after this scenes 3 or 2 comple got to scene 1 if active if not, shut down CMV

But here the game change:

If summer scene 1 don't start, start a CMV for example on 100% and switch a module inside of CMV for open a "gate" to active bypass ( i have that module installed) on 22h until 10h o'clock of next day.

Apart of this scene 2 or 3 always start if needed.

I don't know if i m clear ?

thanks

I also have a CMV system automated with a Qubino 0-10V module. It only triggers on humidity in the bathroom, CO2 in the living room and presence status of me and my grilfriend (our twin boys just turned 1 and they are never home alone).

For the bathroom I have 2 humidity sensors (Aeotec Multisensor 6) which triggers on the humidity level. 1 is in the bathroom and one is on another location on the same floor. The second one is used to determine the humidity level in the house. I added this later because in the summer the overall humidity level is often higher than in the winter.

When the overall humidity level is low than I use the following settings:

- Off when humidity is lower than 48%

- To low when it is higher than 52% and lower than 60%

- To medium when it is higher than 68% and lower than 75%

- To high when it is higher than 80%

When the overall humidity level is high (more than 52%) than I use the following settings:

- Off when humidity is lower than 52%

- To low when it is higher than (overall humidity value+2%) and lower than (overall humidity value + 10%)

- Medium I don't use now

For the living room I have a Netatmo Weather station which measures the CO2 level. I use the following settings for this:

- Off < 600

- Low > 625 or < 925

- Medium > 1000 or < 1300

- High >1400

- above 2000 I get a message to ventilate more (opening a window or use the extractor hood in the kitchen)

For the toilet I added a small script to set it on high for 5 minutes when the light is on for more than 3 minutes. Otherwise it is off.

I have added a switch to override the system when wanted to the low or high setting and after 30 minutes it returns to automatic.

When we are not at home and all the above is in the off position the system shuts of completely. I have presence detection based on weather both our phones are connected to the wifi or not. Also at night it turns off when CO2 and humidity are low, becasue we are a sleep with the windows always open.

This works perfect for me. Normally it is always on low. When showering it goes to high almost immediately, but when taking a bath, it stays on medium most of the time. When the door is closed after showering the fan keeps running for a long time, but when we leave it open, usually it drops to low within 10 to 15 minutes. When we don’t use the shower or bath the fan won’t kick in. When we have visitors the C02 level will rise very quick and then the fan also start to work and makes sure there is enough fresh air available. If we are away for a longer time the system shuts down completely.

I can share all my code if you would like that, but probably it is not the most effecient and best writen code. But is works perfect for me and hasn't failed once so far ?

Edited by Jeroen_
    • Like 1

• Inquirer
  • On 8/6/2020 at 8:39 AM, Jeroen_ said:

When the overall humidity level is low than I use the following settings:

- Off when humidity is lower than 48%

- To low when it is higher than 52% and lower than 60%

- To medium when it is higher than 68% and lower than 75%

When the overall humidity level is high (more than 52%) than I use the following settings:

- Off when humidity is lower than 52%

- To low when it is higher than (overall humidity value+2%) and lower than (overall humidity value + 10%)

- Medium I don't use now

Hi your configuration seems excellent 

i don’t understand very well,  this part, the second part of humidity level it’s high?

On 8/6/2020 at 8:39 AM, Jeroen_ said:

I have added a switch to override the system when wanted to the low or high setting and after 30 minutes it returns to automatic.

This is for use manual right? When we want?

On 8/6/2020 at 8:39 AM, Jeroen_ said:

When we are not at home and all the above is in the off position the system shuts of completely. I have presence detection based on weather both our phones are connected to the wifi or not. Also at night it turns off when CO2 and humidity are low, becasue we are a sleep with the windows always open.

Here about night mode, it’s possible, when a interval time for example 11h to 16h do the average temperature outside and inside same period time, and if outside avarege it’s more higher than inside. The scene will start at 22h, will stop all actions above( expect the the toilet script and bathroom humidity high ( here I think I have a issues cause I have aotec multi 6 sensor in all parts of the house ( 2 bathrooms, living room, kitchen, hall, 3 rooms and more 2 in other divisions in house), so I think the average here it’s not correct cause only 2 sensors will up the medium).

and the CMV will run in higher in bypass mode, at 22h until 11h, after that stop. But the scene keep blocking all ( most actions that a mention above)actions until 22h. Then we if the average temperature outside still above scene keep running in if not scene, stop and all actions turn on again.

what you think?

regards

Hi your configuration seems excellent 

i don’t understand very well,  this part, the second part of humidity level it’s high?

First I had only the first part. I made this last winter when the humidity outside is very low most of the time (cold weather). But a few months ago it got warmer and rained a lot and the humidity level often got above 60% outside and also inside. Because of this the fan in the bathroom never went to the low setting and stayed in medium. This was something I did not want, so I added a separate humidity sensor to be able to control the fan based on the outside humidity level. The reason I choose the Multisensor 6 is because it can be powered by USB and can send more reports without draining the battery.

This is for use manual right? When we want?

This is indeed for manual use which my girlfriend demanded. She is not a big fan of home automation. I think,up to now she has pushed the bottun 1x ? (this means that my system works)

Here about night mode, it’s possible, when a interval time for example 11h to 16h do the average temperature outside and inside same period time, and if outside avarege it’s more higher than inside. The scene will start at 22h, will stop all actions above( expect the the toilet script and bathroom humidity high ( here I think I have a issues cause I have aotec multi 6 sensor in all parts of the house ( 2 bathrooms, living room, kitchen, hall, 3 rooms and more 2 in other divisions in house), so I think the average here it’s not correct cause only 2 sensors will up the medium).

and the CMV will run in higher in bypass mode, at 22h until 11h, after that stop. But the scene keep blocking all ( most actions that a mention above)actions until 22h. Then we if the average temperature outside still above scene keep running in if not scene, stop and all actions turn on again.

Everything is possible, but I don't have experience with using averages, but I can experiment with this in the weekend. I have a few separate scene and in these scene's I set variables. With these variables I control the main "control" script for the CMV which is trigger by these variables. With the averages you can also set a variable and make the scene do different thing based on this variable. You can do the same with the timing, for example make CMV_night and set it to "Night" at 22:00 and to "Day" at 11:00. I have 1 main script in a 1 minute loop to set many different variables and have scenes run on a timer interval. I copied the code from someone on this forum. There are some Dutch words in the script, but I think you get the picture. I still have to modify the code. Now I only use English in my code.