Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

smart implant functions for alarm

Guest Hehe

Question

Guest Hehe

Hi everyone,

I'm new on this forum and I'm italian.

I'm planning my new house and I wanted to make it home automation. I will put a paradox alarm to which external pir sensors, external barriers and volumetric sensors will be connected. one of the barriers will be placed in front of the main entrance and I wanted that if I had unlocked the gate through the fibaro intercom, it would have only disarmed the barrier for x minutes. Is it possible to make the alarm control unit believe that the barrier has not been "broken" via the smart implant? good day everyone ?

2 answers to this question

@Hehe

In principle, you should not control a certified system by an external stimulus, but vice versa.
However, it works and the approach can be more ..
It depends on how specific the Paradox system is.

Option 1:
Program the external barrier into the extra subsystem and control it by the input of the control panel in "Keyswitch" mode with the contact of the Smart Implant. It is Arm/ Disarm sub-system on contact switching (can be used as a toggle switch or direct switch).

Option 2
Place the SmartImplant in the barrier (or connect its contact as a bypass of the barrier alarm output). Then, when the SmartImplant is switched on, the barrier will be bypassed without the need to control your own security system.
Beware of resistance balancing. If you are not experienced in this area, the installer will definitely help you to do it right.

Another note: if the barrier is battery (wireless), focus on option 1. If it is wired, you have a choice.

MN

Guest Hehe
  • Inquirer
  • Hello @Martin_N

thanks for answering me yes,

I need the smart implant to bypass the barrier only when I decide. I need it because, when I start the "home entry" scene through the keyfob, the smart implant will have to disarm the barrier for x min, disarm the fibaro alarm and open the gate or garage, and then as soon as I enter the house I will disarm the other alarm