Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Ring button notification?

Xsherlock

Question

Is there any way to intercept that button, The android app just does not work in that case, needs to be in foreground to get the call.

I do not use HCx  but have a custom OpenHab system and can pick up that call in any protocol just need haelp understanding what does happen when you press the button. Is that a SIP call? to the cloud server? I have seen the tutorial for the grandstream, I just wonder if anyone tried to register some other sip client.

Any other methods over API? 

It would be best if it sent MQTT message.

2 answers to this question

wss websocket (wss://intercom-ip/wsock), so yes, you can use openhab to login (email, local password) and listen to incoming events, e.g. button state changed.
Take a look on the Windows App made by @Krikroff 

Please login or register to see this link.

• Inquirer
  • So basically I need to connect to the web socket on port 8081 send API commands and listen to the messages looking for a button pressed event, yes?  If I'm not connected to the wss there is no way to to make device pro actively send  a trap or  MQTT or anything else.

I find it highly frustrating approach.  After login over WSS I get a token with 899999 expiry time. What units are those is that ms or s?   I just wonder how often do I need to login . as the login in my case is working once in 3 times. (intercom is on the wired eth)

Please login or register to see this code.

I also see that intercom is spamming like hell with anti tamper messages, is there away to disable that?

BTW. The API documentation is ridiculously bad, it would not hurt anyone to write 3 sentences of introduction to it, like to say it is running on the 8081 port (that you have to figure out from the js example). Not to mention that  incoming commands  are not documented at all.