Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Multilevel switch (dimmer) not working

CarMaPal

Question

We have Z-wave dimmers and relays in our new house and a HC3 to control it. 

Last night one of the lights in the house turned on and it can not be turned off. It's a multilevel switch and in the interface it reads 0% 0 W but the light is on. 

I'm new to Z-wave so I try to be as cautious as I can. I have tried a soft reconfigure (don't know the english term sorry) but nothing changes. Can I remove and add the device somehow without needing to activate the unit (since it's built in behind the lamp)? Or shall I configure the unit again (sorry, don't know the english term)? 

Also, where can I find a good guide about z-wave and what is possible? If you have a link to a forum-post I would be most thankful. 

Sorry about language and terms, I hope you understand and can give me some pointers.    

2 answers to this question

Yes, you can exclude the device and reinclude it. Note this will reset all parameters, but given you've tried a soft reconfigure its the best next thing to try. 

To include a device, you need access to either a switch attached to the device, or the small button on the device itself. This allows you to identify the device using a triple click.

Have a look in the manual for each device for how to exclude and include.

Please login or register to see this link.

On 9/5/2020 at 6:27 PM, CarMaPal said:

Also, where can I find a good guide about z-wave and what is possible? If you have a link to a forum-post I would be most thankful.