Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Automatic start scene with analog input values RGBW2

Guest Bastian

Question

Guest Bastian

Hi,

i connect a level tank sensor (Aqua Plomb from vegetronix) to an RGBW2 plug and measure my water level in a rain tank. The modul (ID780) shows the right % of fill level (94,4 % , 90 %,....) in Fibaro HC2.

Now i want to create a scene which will give me  push notification when the water level will decrease under 20 % of tank level.

But every time the sensor is triggered i get an an push notification. No matter if the fill level is under 20 % or over 20%.  E.g. at 94 % fill level i get a notification of "Tank level low"....

I wonder if i do anything wrong or why i cannot run the scene with ther %-values. Could be the problem that the scene cannnot use the "%-Value" ? Do i have to transform the %-value first to something else? Or can the scene only run by using the corresponding voltage value (like 20 % = 3 V and 90 % = 7 V) ?

The simple code i tried: 

--[[
%% autostart
%% properties
780 value
%% weather
%% events
%% globals
--]]

if ( tonumber(fibaro:getValue(780, "value")) < 20 )
then
    fibaro:call(398, "sendDefinedPushNotification", "15");
end

4 answers to this question

Hello, I would also like to do the same :) Can you put the link where you bought the level sensor, and show how you made the connection?
thank you

Guest Bastian
  • Inquirer
  • Hi, 

The Sensor is a Vegetronix Aquaplomb 

Please login or register to see this link.

Cable Connection is simple, will try to provide pictures in the next das 

Guest Bastian
  • Inquirer
  • Hi Viktor,

Attached some photos of the Installation.

A standard 12 Volt AC/DC Netadapter is connected to 12/24DC and to ground at the Fibaro Switch. The Vegetronix sensor has three cables: 

Red one connected to Input 12/24DC, blank one to Ground, black one to Input 2 (you can change the black one also to Input 1, 3,4).

In HC2 you have to switch the input type for Input 1 (or which you use) to analog Input, put in the start volt (Sensor is 100 % dry) and the end volt (100 % wet).

Thats ist.

Kind regards

Please login or register to see this attachment.