Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

HC lite not responding

RBS

Question

Hi,

My HC lite has crashed.

I had initiated an update but it locked up.

I was not able to access the HC using fibaro finder although IP address was displayed.

I tried soft reset - nothing.

I tried factory reset as per fibaro manual- nothing

i tried connecting using fibaro finder and IP 192.168.81.1 - nothing

leds continue to cycle from our to in

i tried connect direct to my laptop with cable - nothing

now I have a unit that is useless and does not respond, I have read this forum and tried ever option.

Anyone have a solution?

thanks

4 answers to this question

Please login or register to see this link.

When you encounter problems with your Fibaro Home Center 2 or Fibaro Home Center Lite, you can follow our step by step reset procedure (factory-reset).

1. If possible always create a backup first. (good practise to do this regularly)
 2. Turn your Home Center off and connect it directly to your computer via a Network cable (so not to your router, but directly to your Computer).
 3. Now go to your computers Network Configurtion and set your connection as displayed (Manual IP). It might be needed to disconnect your WiFi

Fibaro Home Center 2 / Lite reset 4. Now start your Home Center with the + button depressed. 
     HC2 -> The blue leds now go left->right (normally reversed)
     HCL -> Leds go right left right.
 5. Wait for the + and power on lights to be on. 
 6. Again press the + button for aprox 3 seconds, This will result in the LAN light to first blink and then remain on.
 7. On your computer you can now browse to http://192.168.81.1 (Preference with Google Chrome or Firefox)
 8. You will now see the recovery menu of your Home Center including a Factory reset.
 9. After completion login to the controller (still connected directly and set it for DHCP network. After clicking save put the controller back on your router.
10. Now you can upgrade again to the latest firmware.
11. And after these updates you can recover your backup.
12. The reset of your HC2 /HCL is now completed. It is possible that some modules need to be reset. Click here for exclusion instructions.

Please login or register to see this link.

• Inquirer
  • Hi Dasis,

thanks for your detailed reply.

Unfortunately I’m not having any success.

I’m using my laptop with windows 10 enterprise OS.

You say to connect to pc with HC switched off, if I do this I cannot see the Ethernet port.

If I connect with the HC switched on and follow your instructions I cannot proceed because I do not know the DNS settings- see attached screenshot.

I should mention that I know very little about network settings, I bought the HC because it was meant to be easy to set up.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Inquirer
  • Hi,

ive used a different browser - Edge- and have reconnected my HC lite to the router.

I can see the HC in fibaro finder and I can get to the HC login screen in edge browser.

I enter my login and password but no response from the page. The ‘I accept terms of service’ is part greyed out and the tick box is already ticked. It does not change if I try and untick it.

im stick at the login screen. I’ve requested new password and have entered it. Seems to be locked. 
    Any ideas?

Please login or register to see this attachment.

On 9/30/2020 at 7:21 PM, RBS said:

My HC lite has crashed.

I had initiated an update but it locked up.

leds continue to cycle from our to in

Anyone have a solution?

I have a identical problem. I've tried the recovery procedure send by Dasis, but HCL doesn't respond at all. Led still flashing in-out, and when I press the on/off button they go left-right. Is there any way I can fix it?

Best regards, Nenad