Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Heat Controller + HC3 heating schedules issue

Iztok88

Question

Hi,

I have an HC3 + 5 pieces of the Heat Controller thermostat head(v4.6)

I am not trying to do anything complicated, basicly just create some heating schedules.

The problem is everytime a new schedule is supposed to become active nothing happens. Temperature from the last one is still active.

If I do a manual synchronization of the THead via Fibaro UI the temperature goes to the set temperature for a few seconds and then goes to 23 degrees.

If I manually overide any user changes to the schedule, by holding the head for 5 seconds same thing happens. Temperature goes always to 23 degrees.

This is an appartment building where the radiators are not yet heated by the building manager. Though I don't think this should matter?

The heads are connected to the bluetooth temperature sensor which works ok.

The heating schedules I'm using to test are like this:

Mode: Heat

9:00 set temp 12, 10:30 set temp 26, 12:00 set temp 13, 13:30 set temp 26

Temperature from the temp sensor is basicly constant at 18-19 degrees.

There is a thermostat in the main room that isn't replaced by a z-wave type thermostat yet, but I don't think this should matter, should it?

I feel like there is some simple setting I am missing.

Any suggestions would be very apreciated.

1 answer to this question

I just bought 3 packs (heat controller + external temperature sensor) and installed them in three rooms.

The same situation occurs in my case: the schedule is not followed by any of the heat controllers although the external temp sensors read the correct room temperature.

I thought that, given I use a Fibaro solution for 3 years (HC Lite), it's a good idea to use the heat controllers from Fibaro too. Bu I think I've made a mistake purchasing these devices. They have some unsolved problems for quite some time now and FIbaro doesn't seems to care a lot about this.

Edited by Cosminium