Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Lights Flickering with Fibaro Bypass 2

Markc_s

Question

I live in NSW, Australia  where the electricity suppliers  inject an off-peak ripple control signal which causes my fibaro dimmer LED lights to flicker at certain times of the day (the same time every day) .  I have fitted Fibaro bypass 2 and did a soft  reconfigure but unfortunately it has not stopped the lights flickering.  The flickering is really bad, its more like a strobe light affect  when the ripple control comes through.    Can anyone suggest a solution to stop the flickering?

Mark

4 answers to this question

Guest fat

Are you running the latest forward on the dimmers? I had a similar issue on the Gold Coast when the lights were dimmed and off peak ripple came through. Latest forward solved this for me years ago

I am pretty new to this, but I have found a consistent strobe light effect caused by:

• a 1-10v (only) driver with a Fibaro dimmer  (which doesn't support this mode of dimming ) . Once I tweaked config to allow the dimmer to even think the light was dimmable, 70% of the dimming range just did nothing, but the bottom 30% introduced the disco.
  • Over volting CC downlights with no local current control (as in CV drivers will melt them) - basically my lights were 17-22v, but the closest to the required 550ma drivers were 500ma 20-40 drivers, so I have to limit max brightness. I have no idea if the Fibaro curve is linear or exponential, but anything above 75% caused this disco too. Sometimes only on 2/3 of the four lights in the figure 8 loop. just to be super crazy!

Not sure that this is direct to yours, but I thought I would mention this in case it helps!