Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Please point a newbie in the right direction

Rukkulakki

Question

Hi all. I just bought the starter set to see if I can get Fibaro to handle some simple scenes for me. Not sure if it's me or that I need something else, but I can't get the Home Center LIte to do much more than notify me when something triggers the alarm.
Can someone point me to something a little more advanced without going to full programming mode?

What I am thinking is something simple like. If motion sensor armed and triggered, play something on the Sonos speaker.

I know that jsut getting the sonos to make a sound isn't really using the system to its potential, but I need to start somewhere ;)

I've found the Sonos plugin, added one of the speakers and placed it in a room and can see it under devices, but I am unable to integrate it into a scene :(

I press the add scene; select magic scene, drag the motion sensor to IF press next and select "Armed and tripped" press next, and here I would expect the Sonos speaker to show up so I can tell it to do something. But all I can do is tell the system to notify me, or do something with the motion sensor...

I've also tried using the graphic blocks, but I can't find anything there either.

Going through the Forum I can see that 

Please login or register to see this link.

has done something fancy, but I really want to understand the basics before moving into the deep end.

So could someone please guide me to a simple path to make the Sonos play somthing, anything, when the alarm is tripped? Or tell me that "this is no longer possible using the Lite system that comes with the starter pack; you need to buy the full Home Center 3 to integrate to other systems"

Please login or register to see this attachment.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet