Jump to content

Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

 

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

 

As a member you can:

  •     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

 

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team


  • 0

False Alarm on 3 different smoke sensors


Flix123
 Share

Question

Hi All

 

In 2020 I had 3 different Fibaro smoke sensors giving false alarms in the middle of the night. Needless to say it woke up the whole house plus neighbours. There was no smoke, dust or humidity involved. I have more or less given up on these, so 2 questions: 

 

1. Is there anyone who had these for more than a year and never had false alarms?

2. Are there other z wave smoke detectors anyone can recommend

 

Regards

Felix

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0

Hi,

I have 6 pieces and have had other brands too but Fibaro is? the best for me.In use for  about 2 years

False alarm:

- one piece perhaps wrong flow of air (dust, humidity no idea)

- one piece gave push message but NO alarm (If button activated >>>ALARM) also here no clou what happend?

So I am not unsatisfied.

//Sjakie

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
  • Inquirer
  • 2 hours ago, Sjakie said:

    Hi,

    I have 6 pieces and have had other brands too but Fibaro is? the best for me.In use for  about 2 years

    False alarm:

    - one piece perhaps wrong flow of air (dust, humidity no idea)

    - one piece gave push message but NO alarm (If button activated >>>ALARM) also here no clou what happend?

    So I am not unsatisfied.

    //Sjakie

    Ok thanks for sharing. To me that would still be unacceptable. I lived in many houses over many years with many (traditional) smoke detectors and never had any false alarm before Fibaro. 

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
    19 hours ago, Flix123 said:

    Hi All

     

    In 2020 I had 3 different Fibaro smoke sensors giving false alarms in the middle of the night. Needless to say it woke up the whole house plus neighbours. There was no smoke, dust or humidity involved. I have more or less given up on these, so 2 questions: 

     

    1. Is there anyone who had these for more than a year and never had false alarms?

    2. Are there other z wave smoke detectors anyone can recommend

     

    Regards

    Felix

     

    Same problem here, several smoke detectors. and if i check the history there is no temp change or smoke detection.

    I removed the smoke sensors from my system, i know you shouldn't use fibaro as a lifesaving/safety system.

    But sometimes you have to try something.

     

    Also the mail you get when there is a smoke/fire detection, there is no mention where the fire/smoke is, see screenshot

     

    Please login or register to see this attachment.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0

    @Flix123,

    I lived  few years in Abu Dhabi the apartment was also equiped with firealarm.

    It has been for 2 months that we have had false alarms several times. Till I complained by the management to inform the National Security Agency. Solved in  2 weeks and this should be a profesional installation.

    So Fibaro is not that bad or do we rely on cheap stuff from the far east for 10 euro?

    //Sjakie

     

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0
  • Inquirer
  • On 11/16/2020 at 6:33 PM, Sjakie said:

    @Flix123,

    I lived  few years in Abu Dhabi the apartment was also equiped with firealarm.

    It has been for 2 months that we have had false alarms several times. Till I complained by the management to inform the National Security Agency. Solved in  2 weeks and this should be a profesional installation.

    So Fibaro is not that bad or do we rely on cheap stuff from the far east for 10 euro?

    //Sjakie

     

    ok thanks for your point of view. Its just that smoke detectors are pretty simple devices and the technology has been around for years, its really not high tech.  They should just work in my opinion. Sure having the odd that doesn't work well is acceptable, but these Fibaro ones seem to fail in the 20% to 50% ratio after 6 months or so.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    • 0

    They always go off screaming at night. ?

    I try to mount them in a way so that potential airflow from for instance an open window doesn't flow by the sensor.

    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Join the conversation

    You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

    Guest
    Answer this question...

    ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

     Share

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...