Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

add z-wave device from app

Grescho

Question

Hi, 
Im new to Fibaro Home app. Previously I was using a different z-wave controller... So I'm looking for a little help.

Can someone please tell me how to add z-wave devices from the APP? Surely I don't need to carry my laptop round the whole house to configure each device.....?¿¿?

Thanks in advance 

7 answers to this question

There is no such functionality in the mobile app.
You can use your mobile browser and try this way but probably this won't be a user friendly way.

1 hour ago, m.roszak said:

There is no such functionality in the mobile app.
You can use your mobile browser and try this way but probably this won't be a user friendly way.

Michal did you try this? :) I have Ipad pro and web UI in my Ipad like a like French snails.

Plus sometime UI in Idap popierdolilo (sorry i do not know how right in engling in UA it`s popierdolilo :D )

• Like 1

The old app has the option for adding and removing devices. I never use the now one. In the andoird store it is available and the left one in the image below. Probably it is the same for apple. It is in the settings section.

Edit: I see now that the original question was from a month ago ?

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_12/afbeelding.png.7485b2c0f2b3ad66e9c68c56af324bc3.png" />

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Edited by Jeroen_

The old app indeed had the ability to add new devices whereas the new one doesn't. This might seem like a minor thing, but when you have to carry a separate laptop and the device you want to add to your Home Center location every time you want to add a new device, this seems like a backward step in progress with the mobile apps.

Surely it's not that complicated to take the technology / code from the old app and add it to the new one??

14 minutes ago, LeeSteventon said:

The old app

old app = smartphone

14 minutes ago, LeeSteventon said:

but when you have to carry a separate laptop and the device you want to add to your Home Center location every time you want to add a new device, this seems like a backward step in progress with the mobile apps.

smarthone = web browser ... so you don't need laptop

26 minutes ago, tinman said:

smarthone = web browser ... so you don't need laptop

So are you saying that we need to use the web browser on our smartphones to browse to our HC3's in the cloud, and therefore don't use the new Yubii smartphone app?

43 minutes ago, LeeSteventon said:

So are you saying that we need to use the web browser on our smartphones to browse to our HC3's in the cloud

Web browser = set automation (devices, scenes, climate, ...)

Yubii app = remote control, check status of home