Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Qubino Thermostat 2 - No On/Off Control

MikeyTT

Question

I've just bought a Qubino Thermostat 2 (

Please login or register to see this link.

) to use as the controller for my underfloor heating in the kitchen. I've temporarily got a Qubino Relay 1 controlling the floor and that's working. I wanted the Thermostat 2 as it has built-in thermal cutoffs through the temperature sensor. HC2 has always needed rebooting every week or two, so I didn't want the floor running away temperature wise without being stopped.

I've added the Thermostat2 into HC2, but there is no way of switching it on or off. I had thought maybe it's related to not using the HC2 heating panel as I do all my automation through Node Red, but even configuring that doesn't trigger the device. I've attached a screen grab of the main device and the 3 sub devices. 

In the documentation (

) and the intro video (

) of the device it appears to have a way to switch on/off manually. Is there something I'm missing in HC2 that enables this type of device properly?

Wiring wise I have the device wired almost exactly as the video did it, albeit my installation won't have a permanent switch, but I have one on temporarily while I'm testing.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

6 answers to this question

Fibaro is really bad at adding support to devices. They do it based on their own preference and hardly ever get anything done based on community feedback when it comes to this. Sorry to say, but bad luck. Nothing you can do about this yourself I'm afraid. 

• Inquirer
  • Thanks for the reply. I had planned on moving away from the HC2, for that reason and a few others, but sadly their z-wave implementation is still streets ahead of any of the other systems I've tried. 

Seems such a stupid thing to do. Support a device partially, but not the key functionality of a relay switch and actually allow it to turn on and off, even though Qubino say it's supported (

). Beggars belief.

I'll see if I can find a way to contact them directly.

Edited by MikeyTT

out of curiosity, did you tried to include it with security enabled? if not, just try it.

Btw, what's about simple turn on/ off in lua? did you tested it?

Please login or register to see this code.

Edited by tinman

hi @MikeyTT,

i use 4 qubino flush on/off thermostats (version 1). They all work perfectly with HC2.

The thermostat decides itself if it should switch on or off, depending on the current and set temperatura and it's parameters.

I can see in your image that your current temperature and setpoint is 19°C

Can you put the set temperature on 21°? It should switch on then automatically.

Mine looks like this in the modules overview (you don't get this view in the device details):

Left: setpoint 16° Right: temperature sensor 20°C therefor off, not heating.

When I put the set temperature to 22°C it immediatly starts heating.

Same would happen when temperature sensor drops below 16°C

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2020_12/grafik.png.2c033a420199f4fa0f8ade65c9f9cffe.png" />

I use the heating panel to control the set temperatures, but it doesn't matter how you set that.

BR - kro

• Inquirer
  • @tinman No I didn't, but thanks. Lua I've never really played with, but it turns out my device didn't do an initial configure correctly for some odd reason.

@kroeatschge Initially I didn't have the controls in the modules overview either, but after doing a reset I get the view you have posted (I actually think I may have missed that initially as I was expecting the actual device to have the control on it). No idea what was going on, but I have the functionality I wanted, which is great.

Don't suppose you have tried getting it to work with Node-Red? My current flow uses time of day to set a desired temp range and I essentially "manage" turning on the relay (currently a Qubino Relay 1). Under the Thermostat 2 that should be much easier as I just change the target temperature (if I understand right) and then the Thermostat does the heavy lifting for me. 

Whatever I seem to try I can't get Node Red to change update the thermostat (off/heat or temperature).

This is the flow and I have the HC2 node red plugin to integrate with the Home Center:

Please login or register to see this code.

Thanks...

@MikeyTT,

good to see some progress.

Unfortunately I'm not aware about rode-ned flows or how they work. Others here in the forum use it.

But I can show you the required http calls:

According to the Fibaro API documentation the device supports these actions.

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

That should work for you from node red too.

Edited by kroeatschge
    • Like 1