Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

RIB Garage Controller with Somfy Motor

TN92

Question

Hi all, i am looking to integrate my garage door to my Fibaro HC3 while keeping the manual control functions operable.

I would like to keep the following operable:

• The original remote unit of the garage door
  • The IR barrier sensor for security

I care to control and monitor the following:

• Control the opening and closing
  • Monitor the current status of the roller, preferably using the positioning of the Fibaro roller shutter so i wouldn't have to add a door sensor

I have attached the schematic diagram of my RIB controller unit and an actual photo of the unit.

The way i have currently wired it is using just one roller shutter module in the following manner:

• I connected the outputs of the motor terminals on the control unit to the switch terminals on the Fibaro module
  • I connected the wires of the motor, that were originally connected to the motor outputs on the unit, to the outputs of the Fibaro module

It is currently operable through the Fibaro interface and original remote, more or less, but i feel like its not 100% correct. One incident that happened once was that the garage only rolled down 90% and stopped thinking it closed fully. I also want to make sure that im not doing anything to damage the garage motor or mechanism.

Am i approaching this the wrong way? Would adding a smart implant straighten the issue?

Any support would be greatly appreciated 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet