Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Antenna broken?

sithmein

Question

I have been using the FGS-223 for month without issues. The switch is in a wallbox on the ground floor, the Z-Wave receiver in the cellar, air distance about 4 m. About a week ago the switched stopped responding while other devices continued to work. I tried resetting everything, removing and re-adding, nothing worked. Until I moved the receiver on the same floor within around 1m distance of the switch. Then it suddenly worked again. However, already three meters distance without any objects in between break communication again. My suspicion is that the antenna stopped working. Has anyone ever experienced a similar issue? I guess the only way to fix this is replace the switch?

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

Hi @sithmein

Try to exlclude and include again. Had some similar issue's with a wallplug, after exclusion and inclusion it ddn't lost its communcition with the controller anymore.

All on a HC3 with latest firmware.

• Inquirer
  • I tried that a couple of times. But as soon as I move away from the switch only a couple of meters (using a laptop) the connection is lost.

Edited by sithmein

Other zwave devices don't loose there connection to the zwave receiver??

If that's the case you're probably rigtht that the device is broken.

• Inquirer
  • No, even two battery powered devices that I put right next to the switch were able to connect when the switch wouldn't any more.

Let's see I still have warranty I believe.

Hello!

I have the same issue  with fgs-223 double switch module. The device stopped to communicate and only if it is in range 1m from the HCL it can communicate. I think that the device losses its antenna. Have you found what cause thiis issue? Any solution to this issue?

Thanks!

Edited by Prokopis Bor
    • Like 1

Hello,

I´m having the same issue. It´s the third double switch I have to replace in the same house and I suspect I'll have to change another. I haven´t found any solution but I've noticed that the double switchs 2(FGS-223) have similar serial numbers, the last I've changed has 00147855.

Same here. Only few CM from another zwvave module or Hub (in my case smartthings) , my faulty FGS-223 works. 1.5M away not working

I am going to send the module to RMA. Also I noticed that the Heat Srink at the end of the Anteana is lose , look to me as plastic part only,  but I'm not sure,

Please advice

Shai

Updating .... Device sent for repair with RMA. Fibaro inspection detected communication problem and sent me  new Fibaro Double Switch 2 module.
    Even though the warranty passed long time ago.  For everyone that is going to send a faulty module to Fibaro please note that Fibaro require to sent via Cargo companies (Fedex, DHL and others) and NOT via post office.

For me the cost for sending single module from Israel To Poland cost like a new Fibaro Module !!!
    Also adding that since I'm using Smartthings , I installed a Chinese ZigBee module instead which cost a quarter of Fibaro module and do the same job. I think that Fibaro modules quality is much better than  Chinese ZigBee modules.
    Attached RMA form

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2022_08/image.png.79c890b7452ef9f9debdb297dc4e2a91.png" />

Edited by dotan_shai
    • Thanks 1

We’re ending 2023 now and I have the same problem with several devices either single or double switch:(((