Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Intercom - iPhone Bluetooth pairing problem

GTakacs

Question

Dear All,

We are trying to pairing the family's iPhones to the Intercom user profiles but it is not working.

We do everything as the manual describes, but when the process is getting to select the pairing device something else happened what written in the documentation.

I select the iPhone from the list which I would like to pair for the user. After this step I select the relay what I want to open, and after this the phone show me a notification about the Bluetooth pairing request and display a code (6-7 digit number) what I have to check on the other device display ?! (that would be the Intercom) and I have to enter this code with the connected equipment.... What should I do? I have to give this code with Intercom number ring? When should I do this? After I accept the pairing request on the phone, or while I'm seeing the notification on the phone screen? I tried to do both method, but the pairing was unsuccessful. The family have 4 iPhones (4 users too) I tried with more iPhone but the result is the same....

A couple of months before, the pairing went pretty good, but the Intercom recently got a firmware update and for some technical issue I had to do a factory reset on the device...

I don't have any idea what should I do to make the pairings and use this great function again...

Thank you!

1 answer to this question

Hi,

I have a similar problem with a customers intercom but I couldn't ever get it to work unfortunately, I was told that the unit should be sent for warranty replacement but the shipping cost from my country to Poland cost as much as the intercom so my customer now has a very expensive paperweight. Did you have any luck with Fibaro support?