Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Aeotec Radiator Thermostat not working with heating Panel (HC2)

GTakacs

Question

Dear All,

Today I've installed an Aeotec Radiator Thermostat under a HC2. This thermostat seems exactly the same like the Eurotronic Spirit thermostat according to their specs and outfit.

After adding the device to the HC2 everything looks like order, but unfortunately the thermostat doesn't react to the associated heating panel.

If I modify the setpoint on the thermostat manually or in the HC2 UI the valve do it's job. When I configure the "Thermostat & Heating" plugin for the thermostat and the heating zone, the zone will be in manual mode after the manual change the thermostat setpoint. BUT after I turn the manual mode off and the zone get back to schedule, the thermostat don't get the proper setpoint data from the hating panel.

I tried to call from LUA a manual setpoint and it is work too.

I think anything with the template is wrong for this device because as I saw on screenshots the Eurotronic Spirit has 8 parameters which are part of the device template. The aeotec device hasn't parameters, I had to add them manually.

Has anybody any solution for this issue?

Kind Regards!

2 answers to this question

Should work normally if device "com.fibaro.setPoint" is in room assigned to heating zone.
But please be aware that heating panel only sets temperature - it won't set thermostat mode to "heating", you need to make sure that it is in desired mode.

Please upload here device template of this Aotec Radiator Thermostat, I will take a look at the data in xml.

Regards,
Michał 

• Inquirer
  • Dear Michał,

The thermostat and the operation mode are in heating mode, and the room is assigned to a heating zone.

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2021_01/image.png.87c2d1a1af364aab2c509b9c5ffa10e0.png" />

I've attached the downloaded template for the device.

After a lot of tryout currently I think the thermostat operation is the following:

- You can add it to the controller, and assign to room.

- When you assign this room to a heating zone, the controller set the setpoint value on the device according to the heating zone's schedule. This is good.

- BUT! After you change the setpoint manually on the device with the +/- buttons or on the controller UI, the thermostat will change te setpoint to this value for a while and not listen to the heating zone schedule.

- After a couple of hours this operation is change back to the heating zone-s schedule.

I didn't have enough time to check how many time needs to change back the operation according to schedule, but I know that is more then 2 hours. I can't see an option how long this override time is.

The other fact that the thermostat isn't showing in the Home Center App on Android (latest beta version), only the temperature sensor.

Thank you!

Regards,

Gábor

Please login or register to see this attachment.