Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Can a scene disable the direct association?

Rasmusk

Question

Hi,

I had some problem with my fibaro motion sensors running on home center 3. When using a scene to turn on/off my light. There was a delay from the motion was detected to the light is on about 2 seconds. However if i use the direct association from the motion sensor to the zwave light controller it will turn on in less than 0,5 sek. 2 sec is not acceptable. 

The problem however is that the logic i can use by using the direct association is very limited. It could be very nice if i could combine the scenes and direct association. So the direct association will turn on the light, but then the scenes is used to turn off the light and control when the direct association can be "activated" again. 

• Like 1

1 answer to this question

Unfortunately it is not possible to change association behavior on demand in sleeping device.

You can set Motion Sensor to only turn on the light (in configuration parameters) and turn it off by the scene only, that is the easiest way.
In both FGMS versions (ZW300 and ZW500) parameter 12 will do the trick.

Additionally there is a In theory there is a huge workaround available...
You can try to activate Remote Protection on controlled light after Motion Sensor turns it on using a scene, this will cause the node connected to light source to ignore all RF commands.
Then just disable RF protection before turning light off by the scene.
This are is one thing, node associated with motion sensor (light) must support Command Class Protection in version 2 with RF Protection Support. 

Better stick with first option ;)