Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Multisensor 6 humidity scene

matthewbenseman

Question

Hi All,

I have just included a new Aeotec multisensor 6 into my HC2, for the purpose of using it’s humidty sensor to trigger my bathroom fan on/off when using the shower.

I have limited knowledge when it comes to LUA but have been using block scenes with some success.

My question is, how do the humidty values work within block scenes? I want my fan to switch on at 80% humidity but if I select <80 in the block scene it doesn’t work, buy instead triggers the fan to switch on when the humidity value only increases by 1%.

Any help in direction with this would be greatly appreciated.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

3 answers to this question

Hi,

You selected < (smaller than) so Indeed if value changes 1% it will start.

Remark in my opinion 80% to start is rather high.

Here I start > 55% and higher.

If bath rooom is free for > 75 min set start point humidity

if humidity raise 3 % and bath room is occupied  start fan

If humidity < 2% and bath room is free stop fan

Succes,

//Sjakie

Hi,

I had some issues in the beginning, when the humidity outside was very high because it was raining the fan kicked in. I have created 2 LUA scenes that control my bathroom fan and is working fine for 6 months now.

REMARK: I'm not a programmer, so my LUA scenes could not be the best but it works for me.

First, I created a variable Hum_badkamer (it's all in dutch) with the value Normaal and Vochtig.

Second, I created a scene that changed the value of this variable based on the humidity in my bathroom.

Third, I created a scene that turns on the fan based on the variable value.

I think that the scene needs some editing to get it working for you, but you can try copy-paste and adjust the ID's

Variable scene:

Please login or register to see this code.

Scene to turn on fan based on variable

Please login or register to see this code.

Edited by kevin

• Inquirer
  • Thanks all for your help, I had managed to work out where I went wrong with <> and begun a scene that worked according to hum in the room fine, the problem we have here in South Australia is the temp/hum is usually high to begin with hence my extreme trigger value 80%. When the scene triggers at 80% the fan pulls down the hum very fast and subsequently I end up with my fan switching on/off several times during a shower (annoying). 

Kevin, your LUA looks great - I am probably too amateur to implement this into my HC2 though without losing my mind somewhat. 

Is there a simple way to have the bathroom fan turn on (at a high value that isn't likely to be met without the shower being on, 80% for example) then switch off when hum is say 10% lower than outside global hum or something similar, I'm trying to avoid my fan switching on/off 10+ times during one morning shower.