Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

TriSensor - setting parameters

Tamar

Question

I want to set parameters of Aeotec TriSensor. I checked instruction, which suggests that e.g. setting a parameter 11 will change color of light on motion event report from green (default) to red.

When I do the setup of this, or other parameters though, they all are shown as 0. I do this as follows:

Go to device settings -> advanced-> configuration

Go to configuration -> add setting

Set:
Number:11

Data type: 1d (1 byte)
Value: 1

Nothing happens though (parameters are saved, but with value 0, and device behaviour doesn't change). Do you have advice on how to set those values?

Edited by Tamar

4 answers to this question

• Inquirer
  • Ok, I found a solution:

• save settings
    • go to Fibaro forum, or make yourself a coffe; whatever - just don't change parameters for a few minutes. Just wait
    • a popup will show up after a few minutes, saying parameters are updated. Refresh the website.
    • device starts to work with new parameters (even before the interface is updated)

Thank you, this forum helped me much sooner I thought it could.

And to think that in desperation I already started trying setting parameter with Value of 1 in binary and octadecimal values...

• Inquirer
  • Also, when you're editing parameters while using HC2 interface, move the cursor out of the input field before saving. It tends to help in actually saving those parameters :)

Hi ! I'm reopening this thread :) I'm trying to set parameter 23 of a TriSensor working on HC3. 

The device is working fine, I just need to set the automatic report time to 10 min

Please login or register to see this attachment.

After saving/waiting few hours, nothing as changed. I still have values coming every hours (default value). 

Any help would be much appreciated ! 

Ok, found the solution here on the forum : 

Unfortunately I can't upgrade the firmware without the stick.. So I'll have to deal with the default values I guess 🤷‍♂️