Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibarp heat controller Smartthings integration

Svenssondam

Question

Hi!
I’m new to the whole home automation thing (having only used philips hue before), but I recently decided to buy the Fibaro heat controller and the smartthings hub because I have read that the two work together, and I thought it would be a good place to start the home automation thing.

So earlier today, I tried to set up my Fibaro heat controller with the smartthings hub, and it connected successfully…

But…

The smartthings app classifies the heat controller as a “Z-wave device multichannel”, and I can’t do anything in the app. There is no indication of temperature control, no temperature indication, no nothing, except an on/off button (that doesn’t work) and a dimmer (that doesn’t work either). Have any of you had experience with that setup before? Fibaro claims that the thermostat works with Smartthings, but how can that be the case if you can’t even see or control the temperature or do anything with the thermostat in the Smartthings app?

1 answer to this question

Hello Svenssondam, I think the more proper way will be to head to SmartThings community. Nonetheless, maybe below will be handy for you - hope you can translate it to english with no hassle: 

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by macieck