Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Weird way of doing beta testing !!

Macschimmi

Fibaro sees the beta test somehow differently than all other companies, thought that the reported bugs would be implemented, a new test version would come out and test that the bugs disappear.

At Fibaro, the system has been running for 80 days so far, without another beta, and then the finals are thrown out and then people are surprised that many testers complain about problems.

The whole procedure is very strange

Edited by Macschimmi
bug
  • Like 5

iPad Home Center app v1.10 beta testing expired in my TestFlight. Didn't get any new links or extensions to continue testing.

I also can't find final version on App Store.

Try this link (open beta). I got it form Fibaro support.

Please login or register to see this link.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Sankotronic said:

iPad Home Center app v1.10 beta testing expired in my TestFlight. Didn't get any new links or extensions to continue testing.

I also can't find final version on App Store.

Same here problem, expired and no way to either continue beta, or install new version for ios ipad. 

1 hour ago, MacinZ said:

one might open it twice, so TestFlight, but that's all, the 1.10.0.9 app is working then (the expired version was 1.10.0.4 btw)

13 minutes ago, tinman said:

one might open it twice, so TestFlight, but that's all, the 1.10.0.9 app is working then (the expired version was 1.10.0.4 btw)

Any working invitation link for that version or a redeem code? We tested the 1.10.0.4, and got the expired notification. Since then, we can't add it to testflight again.

6 minutes ago, Comfortica said:

Any working invitation link for that version or a redeem code? We tested the 1.10.0.4, and got the expired notification. Since then, we can't add it to testflight again.

open that link above on your ipad

1 hour ago, tinman said:

open that link above on your ipad

:) That gives an error, if it was that easy ....

15 hours ago, MacinZ said:

Thanks @MacinZ,

for me this link worked and I'm back in testing.

TestFlight is showing that it is version 1.10.0.9 and that will expire in 22 days.

As I can see on first glimpse that they solved some problems with refreshing switch devices on home page under the favorites. Also first run didn't crash when I entered rooms view. Previous version was still crashing with my large setup with many VD's that are changing icon depending on conditions they monitor. It is also more faster and responsive than before :-)

And I can see that room view is still not following my preferences to be shown as tiles.

Is this the iPad version of the horrible "Home Centre" app on iPhone?  Or is it a modernisation of the classic iPad app?

It is still horrible as the iPhone version. here are some of my findings:

Testing preformed with under following conditions:

1. Apple iPad Air 3rd generation with iOS 14.4 installed TestFlight v3.0.1(2) and Home Center app v1.10.0.9
  2. Home Center 2 with 4.600 software with 113 z-wave devices included, 29 rooms, 87 scenes and 118 virtual devices
  3. Ubiquity Amplify HD with one mesh point added and with around 70 devices connected to my local network of which 23 devices are cable connected and the rest +/- 47 are WiFi 2 or 5GHz.

CRASHING

When app is started up and I go to room view and then open room that has several virtual devices with dynamic icons then after refreshing this icons app crashes.

If app is left to run in background for some time it stop crashing, but then after some time it doesn't refresh anymore so what is shown in app is not current state. To show current state I managed to do by re-selecting my HC2 and then is not crushing. If I close app and then start it again then it crashes again if I don't wait some time before I go to room view. I still have not determined how long need to wait for app to stop crashing.

CAMERA VIEW BUGS

Cameras are showing still pictures and there is no video streaming. If I enlarge camera video, sometimes I manage to get still picture and sometimes just black screen.

I have 3 Foscam PTZ cameras and 4 Netatmo welcome and 1 Netatmo Presence and all of them just show still pictures instead of streams. Unusable!

STILL SLOW ON ACTIONS

This last beta is maybe a bit faster than the previous one, but still suffering from crashing.

Reaction on changing devices state is still slower than with the old app. maybe that is why app is showing an action ribbon so that users know command is accepted, but need some time to see it?

WEATHER CONDITION

Also weather condition in upper right corner is still showing "null". I use weather provider to show weather conditions from my Weather State VD and that is shown properly in old app and on browser. To be honest it would be nice to have weather icon shown on app home screen as it is on the old app.

ROOMS VIEW BUGS

In this version there is still problem with the rooms view. I like to use tile view, but if I open some room to see it from Favourite rooms list and then go back from that room to rooms view then rooms are shown in the list and not tiles. See bellow steps in screenshots how to reproduce this bug:

Please login or register to see this spoiler.

Actually left pane should show sections and not rooms. In rooms list view this section selection part is missing, while in tile view there is available section selection.

POPUP NOTIFICATIONS

They are not existing in this new app. Question is: Fibaro are you going to eliminate popup notifications once and for all?

PUSH NOTIFICATIONS

Unfortunately same as before

NOTIFICATION BADGES

I just wonder how are these badges handled by the app? I don't see any logic in current handling since they stay on app icon even after "reading" push notifications and using (opening) app. Maybe they show popup notifications received, but there is no way of reading those anywhere in this app?

Since old app also stopped resetting notification badges since latest iOS update I assume that Apple is to blame for this for changing handling of the badges and Fibaro still didn't catch up?

To be honest Apple is getting worse and worse in their software and I can't get rid of the notification badge even from their TV app. Not to mention super buggy Big Sur. They should name it Big Bug :-D

I try to report above also through TestFlight, but Apple simplicity does not allow such detailed report.

Edited by Sankotronic
Added TestFlight and Home Center app versions
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sankotronic said:

NOTIFICATION BADGES

I just wonder how are these badges handled by the app? I don't see any logic in current handling since they stay on app icon even after "reading" push notifications and using (opening) app. Maybe they show popup notifications received, but there is no way of reading those anywhere in this app?

Since old app also stopped resetting notification badges since latest iOS update I assume that Apple is to blame for this for changing handling of the badges and Fibaro still didn't catch up?

THIS!!!!!!!  I hate this about the 'classic' app too.  I have over 500 unreadable notifications badge showing on the app icon.

• Topic Author
  • TestFlight is showing that it is version 1.10.0.9 and that will expire in 20 days.

The beta runs normally for 90 days - that's all I say ?

Edited by Macschimmi
    Oh yes - 70 days without news in the beta

• 1 month later...
    On 2/19/2021 at 3:49 AM, Macschimmi said:

TestFlight is showing that it is version 1.10.0.9 and that will expire in 20 days.

The beta runs normally for 90 days - that's all I say ?

More than 100 days now! Fibaro just leave their user hanging with lots of broken items in their so called award winning "AI" app which has less functionality compared to the old app, only more bugs.

@A.Socha @T.Konopkacan we have an estimate when we will get the official new ios app update ? Thanks

Edited by jamietang
    • Like 1

3 hours ago, macieck said:

@jamietang I was told by Fibaro team that by the end of March/start of April. 

it's very end of march now.. hopefully it will come true..

thanks for the info!