Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Fibaro:sleep() in a scene does not return

Haraldinho67

Question

Dear forum,

I am experiencing an issue where I have a while true loop to check statuschanges and because I don't want to make the system load unnecessary high, I have put a Fibaro:sleep(1000) in the loop. This gives me around a 1 second accuracy, which is just fine. The problem however is that the system hangs after a while. By adding print statements I was able to track down the issue: at some point, Fibaro:sleep(1000) does not return and my proces hangs. This is the code snippet where that happens:

Please login or register to see this code.

So in the logs you see it ending on this:

Please login or register to see this code.

And then it stops... Anybody any suggestions as to why this happens? How can Fibaro:sleep() not return?

I am running HC2 on software version 4.600. Not much going on there, no complicated other scenes, no high loads.

Edited by Haraldinho67

4 answers to this question

Have you put a tick for the option "Do not allow alarm to stop scene while alarm is running" on General tab of the scene?

• Like 1

• Inquirer
  • Hi jgab,

Thanks for the suggestion and: No I did not. Changed it and am testing as I am writing this. The alarm did not go off however during the previous testing period, so I a am not sure if this would impact it. Nevertheless the suggestion is great anyway, as the scene should remain running anyway whenever there is an alarm.

• Inquirer
  • So far so good. Scene is still running. Can it be that scenes are also stopped on entry into the home, before the alarm sounds?