Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Some limit reached of FGS 223

xOhMx

Question

Hello,

iam jus trying to attach FGS 223 to my existing elektro setup and have following problem:

we have connected FGS 223 to control two branches of lights in "hallways setup" where the light are controlled by multiple switches (connected in parallel).

In fibaro they are marked as buttons (parametr 20 - option 1).

For first branch where lights are controlled by 5 switches the lights are working just fine. But for the other one where is 8 switches we were able to connect only 6 of them and when we try to connect last two the system stops registering signal from switches.

We tried to connect just blank cable first about 3 meters - the switch was still not working - then 1 meter and switch was working. Did we hit some limit? Is there lenght of wires limit? How can i resolve? 

Ive tried to have another FGS 223 (second one) for second branch but it didnt help the problem is the same.

Whole time the remote control of lights thru app works normally. Is there other module i should try which might help?

Please help 
Jan

1 answer to this question

I would check for inductive voltage at the end of the wires. 

In theory what you are trying to achieve should be possible, but i do think i have seen anyone having 8 switches on the same light circuit.

My guess is that it's all about the cables used and the distance between the cables.