Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Connect a dimmer 2 in the ceiling (EU situation)

Ruben86

Question

Is there anyone with experience in the following situation: 

I have one pulse switch with 2 buttons. I want to use this switch to control 2 different light sources in our living room. 

The situation behind the switch is 3 wires (2 black for the lamps) and one brown for power. 

Unfortunately there is only room for one Fibaro dimmer, so I need to place the second one in the ceiling. 

I did have the wiring instructions for the installation behind the switch, but I don't have a clue how to install the second dimmer in the ceiling.

Has anyone of you an idea? Thanks!

By the way: in the ceiling I have one black wire, a blue and a brown (N and L) wire available. 

2 answers to this question

I think you are missing 1 wire from wall switch to the ceiling to do it properly: The ceiling fibaro needs 2 wires for itself running back to the switch, one to S1 and one to SX. But one black wire is already used for the fibaro behind the switch to the light source, so i think that cannot be done.

What you could maybe do is this: Connect the S2 from the wall dimmer to the other switch , and make the S2 trigger a scene to toggle the ceiling Fibaro, that should work, although there will be a slight delay between actuating the switch and the light turning on. Also i think the dimming part would probably not work from the S2, since your just triggering a scene. 

Lastly you could connect the 2 black wires together then both lights would be actuated by one dimmer, but i guess this is not an option for you.

You should have enough wires. You will probably find that the brown wire at the switch goes to the lighting point. This wire can be disconnected and reused as the wire connecting to Sx terminal. You might like to use heatshrink to change the colour of that cable. 

Make sure you know what you are doing and take appropriate safety precautions, or use an electrician!

Don't forget to include fibaro bypasses if your load is under 50W.