Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Foscam FI9928P and HC2

knuth

Question

I have, partially successfully, included my Foscam camera, model FI9928P V2. I defined it as a Foscam generic camera, using the plugin menu, and then entered the URLs defined for several Foscam cameras (mine NOT included) in 

Please login or register to see this link.

They are:

JPG URL: cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=snapPicture2&usr=USER&pwd=PASSWORD

MJPG stream URL: cgi-bin/CGIStream.cgi?cmd=GetMJStream&usr=USER&pwd=PASSWORD

Turning left URL: cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzMoveLeft&usr=USER&pwd=PASSWORD

Turning right URL: cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzMoveRight&usr=USER&pwd=PASSWORD

Turning up URL: cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzMoveUp&usr=USER&pwd=PASSWORD

Turning down URL: cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzMoveDown&usr=USER&pwd=PASSWORD

Stop movement URL: cgi-bin/CGIProxy.fcgi?cmd=ptzStopRun&usr=USER&pwd=PASSWORD

I use the JPG picture option, and have checked "Show camera picture on main page" (with 5 seconds refresh rate). Results:

This works:

+ Picture shows up on the "Your home" page, within the device tile for the camera

+ Picture appears on "Cameras" page on the old iPhone app and under Rooms/devices on the new iPhone app

This does not work:

- Picture does not appear when I open the camera device in Devices in the web interface. This is what I get:

Please login or register to see this image.

/monthly_2021_04/image.png.9d1ab78811edc66439887d8b727f499c.png" />

Clicking the "broken picture" top left does not change anything.

- Using the up/down/left/right buttons does not move the camera

Three questions:

1. Is there anything I can do to make the JPG image appear in the device configuration window? I assume it is supposed to appear above the control buttons.
  2. Is there a way to make the panning controls (up/down...) work? 
  3. I would like to turn motion detection on or off through a scene. Is there a command which will enable me to do so? Or, more broadly, does anyone have documentation on the commands which may be sent to this Foscam camera? 
  • Like 1

2 answers to this question

Hello @knuth ,

I have same camera with same problem on HC2 GUI interface.

Answers to your questions:

1. As far as I know there is nothing we can do to get picture in device configuration window. we are lucky to have picture in mobile app and on HC2 home page.
  2. I use same command lines as you and all panning commands are working. Of course in many cases there are some delays between clicking on button and camera start moving. Also check on the option to send stop command after using panning buttons does not work, so you have to press stop button.
  3. Yes there is and you can use this documentation to activate/deactivate motion detection and much more:

Please login or register to see this link.

I have made Virtual device which I use to control my Foscam PTZ cameras.

• Inquirer
  • Hi@Sankotronic

Funny thing is, shortly before your response I received the exact same document from the local Foscam distributor. And I have, as you say, been able to send the command lines directly in my browser as http:// commands. Sending the camera to a preset position using its name is very useful. Thanks for responding - an my apologies for not confirming in this thread that I had been able to move one step further.

I am now ready to try to implement this in a scene, rather than a virtual device, since I intend to automate control of the camera together with other actions on other devices.