Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Smart Implant self triggers at random times

ThatDude

Question

Hi Fibaro Forum members,

about 8 months ago I've installed Fibaro automataion at my home: 5 switches for lights, 2 shutter controllers for windows, 3 open door sensors and 2 smart implants to controll garage door and the yard gate (both on nice motors), all controlled by the Home Center Light. I did the whole install myself, and didn't encounter any problems. Everything works flawlessly BUT the Smart Implant controlling the outside gate will sometimes self trigger at random. Out of nowhere the gate will just open itself without any user input. It might be ok for a month, and than one day it will just open at random. Or it will just start opening and closing at random intervals (1 min up to 1h). At some point everything will go back to normal, and stay working for the next month. The smart implant in the garage door works flawlessly, never even once had an issue.

* I had this gate/motor combo for years, never had an issue like that before the smart implant

* the smart implant is the only "button" connected to the gate, before I've only used the factory remote (which of course still works properly)

* I've already replaced the smart implant, with a brand new one, and the issue happenes on both of them (also used output 1 & 2 on both implants)

* I've disconnected the smart implant for a month, and didn't get the issue without the implant

* the implant works 100% of the time when the Fibaro app button is pressed

* implant is placed inside the electronics housing of the gate motor, it's safe from any weather, it's always dry, and issue is not connected to weather conditions

* garage implant is placed in a similar fashion

I'm getting desperate, I love the option to open the gate with my phone, but of course randomly opening my yard is not ideal.

2 answers to this question

I can share i had a similar experience with the smart implant conected to gate motor - what i found out is the smart implant was triggering itself only after a power cut.  Seems like it is not remembering the state the outputs were on after a power cut. 

• Inquirer
  • On 4/24/2021 at 9:24 AM, Momos said:

I can share i had a similar experience with the smart implant conected to gate motor - what i found out is the smart implant was triggering itself only after a power cut.  Seems like it is not remembering the state the outputs were on after a power cut. 

Thanks for the tip, I will experiment with changing the power supply I use (an 240AC to 12DC converter connected directly to the gate motor power supply)