Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Qubino and Jarolift - no auto-stop on up/down

KlyX

Question

Hi guys,

I wanted to motorize and Z-waveize my blinds. As there are no z-wave "Gurtwickler", I used this how-to from siio: 

Please login or register to see this link.

That worked fine so far, but I failed to calibrate the Qubino Flush Shutter I used.

What I did:

* run the blinds as far down as possible

* set parameter 71 to 0

* set parameter 73 to 1

--> that should start calibration

--> calibration start, blinds go up

--> on top, it stops, does nothing anymore. 

--> calibration does not finish

I wonder why that is the case. in the German how-to it should work exactly like that.

I also tried to play with parameter 74 (to set the time for a up or down cycle).

Well, that does not work too well, as the way up takes about 4-5 seconds longer (more weight) than down.

As far as I am aware, the Qubino can only set one single time and uses both for up and down - so this does not work either.

Any ideas on that?

Oh, and I know it is nor really related: did anyone tried the same with the Jarolift? I would like to also put the buttons back to work. But the buttons are on a circuit board on a ribbon cable, so I have no Idea, what exactly needs to go to the Qubino S1 and S2.

Best,

Christoph

2 answers to this question

My Qubuino:

• Calibration through the main gateway (hub) UI
1) Include the device into the Z-Wave network according to the instructions for inclusion.
2) Set the parameter 78 (Forced Flush Shutter calibration) value to 1.
3) Flush Shutter performs the calibration process, completing full cycle - up, down and up again.
4) Set the parameter 78 (Forced Flush Shutter calibration) value to 0.

succes,

//Sjakie

• Inquirer
  • That is exactly what I did. Actually, I did it twice to make sure that it was not just a technical flaw or whatever ;) No changes.

I guess the problem is, that I needed to modify the Jarolift the way, that the motor goes directly into Q1 and Q2, so it bypasses the controller inside the jarolift (which also runs the button and defines manual start/stop positions for the buttons).

So, basically the motors will run and run forever in both directions. On the way up its stopped by phsyics and on the way down it does not stop at all (it just unwinds the band and continues).

But this morning while doing some sports, I had the really simple idea: i can manage that with a scene instead. And that is how I "solved" it. I made two scenes (1 for up, 1 for down) where I give a start signal, run it for x seconds (up and down is different, so I cant use parameter 74 here) and then stop. That works.

Costs 2 scenes (HC3L), but I have plenty left for my really small smart home.