Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Roller shutter to support 2 blinds?

fdefever

Question

5 answers to this question

Fibaro don't usually share their upcoming plans.  You currently need one module per blind...

You do need to install one Roller Shutter per blind but you can use associations to control a number of blinds with one module.

EDIT: maybe i should ask first why you wish to do that?

- if you wish to save money, this os not the way to go, especially for normal blinds/motors. That might work for electronic motors, with e.g. potential free contacts to control. 

- if you need lot of blinds/motors, controlled at exact same time, you might control them from one RS3, and associations. 

There is another was as well Roller Shutter 3 support motors with intergrated electronic driver, therefore you can use group control module for that. A good one electronic type (and this is what you need, not these cheap mechanical relais based types) costs same as Roller Shutter 3. 

Edited by tinman

• Inquirer
  • 2 hours ago, tinman said:

EDIT: maybe i should ask first why you wish to do that?

I'm asking because, in kitchen/living room  we have 'high density' switches for the blinds: 4 buttons to control 2 blinds instead of 2 big buttons controlling only one.. that's why, I may not have sufficient room in the switch box to fit 2 RS.

16 minutes ago, fdefever said:

I may not have sufficient room in the switch box to fit 2 RS.

oh yeah, in such case i would put both RS3 into switch box, and instead of using the original switch (which need as well some space in the switch box) i would take e.g. such scene controller

Please login or register to see this link.