Welcome to Smart Home Forum by FIBARO

Dear Guest,

as you can notice parts of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO is not available for you. You have to register in order to view all content and post in our community. Don't worry! Registration is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to sign up. Become a part of of Smart Home Forum by FIBARO by creating an account.

As a member you can:

•     Start new topics and reply to others
  •     Follow topics and users to get email updates
  •     Get your own profile page and make new friends
  •     Send personal messages
  •     ... and learn a lot about our system!

Regards,

Smart Home Forum by FIBARO Team

Solar panel support?

messiah.rs

On energy panel can see added energy. Will be supported solar system? What company system will be supported? I will be build solar system and want future fibaro compatibility. 

To integrate your solar system with HC3, you need only to integrate smart meter unit, which provides information about enery production.  Such meter is usually external unit, not a part of an inverter. As I know, you can even use Qubino or Aeontec smart meters with Z-wave. It can be used to monitor and  report energy production.

And also, as I know, HC3 will support connections to Fronius, SolarEdge and one more - quite fast, later other inverters. For details we have to wait.

yep, there already are Quickapps for Enphase, SolarEdge, Iungo, SMA. And also a Quickapp for reading your P1 energy meter, if you have one. 

On 6/18/2021 at 8:29 AM, SmartHomeEddy said:

there already are Quickapps for Enphase, SolarEdge, Iungo, SMA

Where do I find the Quickapp for SMA? How is the authentication issue solved? Currently I have a workaround using Selenium, but tha's not available on HC3.

Thanks, jayrock

All right, that was obvious. Apparently I didn't check the marketplace for some time. Thanks!

EDIT: These QAs show individual devices. It would be great to have the contents from 

Please login or register to see this link.

. As mentioned I have a python implementation using selenium, but I've given up porting it to HC3 Lua due to the absence of the driver.

Edited by jayrock

• 3 months later...

HC3 will support connections to Fronius, SolarEdge.  

useful info 

• 6 months later...

Most solar power plants require a constant connection to the grid. A net metering support scheme allows the electric grid to be used as a virtual battery from which energy is consumed as needed. There are also hybrid systems where some energy is stored in batteries. Grid-independent systems are also available, but they are specific and designed for places where the grid is unavailable. In addition, they are several times more expensive than the other two solutions. Personally, our firm purchased off-grid solar systems to power homes at a good price at

Edited by cerzasd